• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AK47 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
oli700 said:
If I had the cash right now I would buy a VZ58 from AIM in a heartbeat. Shot one a couple month ago and its my new favorite commie gun

Love the VZ58. Wish it took AK type mags but at least VZ mags are still available and aren't crazy expensive (I think I read the rifle is still current army issue in some countries). One is on my short list as well.

Fitted a BR Reflex today. Titanium 1 piece. Still waiting for the bullet guide

409094153.jpg

409094148.jpg

That's just pure SEXY!

What kind of hoops do you have to jump through to buy a suppressor over there?

They are pretty much standard for fullbore rifles. All you do is send off the paperwork with £26 and they issue you permission to purchase one for health and safety to prevent hearing damage and noise pollution

How long does it take to process the paperwork?

Here it's a huge hassle. You must purchase the suppressor first to get your serial number, before sending in an application for approval. The suppressor is held at the gun shop unti you are approved. The application first requires an approval and signature from your chief law enforcement officer, then you send it off with your $200 check to the ATF for approval. From there it takes 8 to 12 months these days. Once approved and you get your tax stamp, then you can take your suppressor home. They really try to make it difficult over here...

Mine took 3 days from sending the paperwork to getting it back. The previous one for my .308 was 5 days as It was my first suppressor request. The only firearms they wont issue a suppressor for Range use are rimfire. Rimfire suppressors are for hunting only. Air gun suppressors are not controlled though anyone can buy them over the counter

Last edited:
I never thought I'd say that I was jealous of British firearms laws.

Here, they treat you like you're damaged goods for sound moderators (suppressors)

Yes I thought that was strange when I was last over in Las Vegas. The guys at American shooter range were amazed that suppressors were readily available in the UK without major issues. However all our other firearms laws are pretty draconian. They were all brought in under the guise that it would make people safe and disarm criminals. Funny that as since the 1997 handgun ban, handgun crime has increased tenfold

When you disarm people who are not inclined to do wrong, only allows criminals to do so without interference.

If I may, I believe semi-auto rifles chambered for anything other than .22lr are illegal in the UK.

The rifles may be legally owned, but must be modified so that the action can only be cycled manually...

^ Yes

but that would take a lot of the "fun" out of it.

Was it not cycling?
UK law :( prior to 1987 we could have semi auto fullbore. Then Hungerford happened so they changed the rules. Basically all Saiga rifles in the UK are straight pull. The gas block is a solid piece of steel and the piston rod is ground off at the end. Its the same with AR15s and other milspec type rifles. We can own .22lr semi auto and lever relase 9mm that shoot pretty much the same as a semi auto

These are the 9mm AR15's the police tried to ban them but after it was looked at by the home office they deemed them not to be semi auto. The company that does them here just brought out a .45 acp version and is bringing out a .223 one soon. I currently have the 9mm version and Its great got practical shooting. The nicknamed the gun the Unicorn as before it came out there were rumors of its production for 5 years but no one had ever seen one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back