• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Alaska fire

oli700

12g
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
just got back from 16 days in the bush of Alaska. Thought you might like to see some pics

you dont see this in the lower 48
IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

our spike camp
100_1075.jpg

100_1093-1.jpg

some fire
100_1112.jpg

100_1113.jpg

100_1129.jpg

our helibase
100_1131.jpg

token moose
Copyof100_1120.jpg

Great pictures and thanks for sharing! I really want to visit Alaska one of these days.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
Just curious, what do you do that took you up that way for a wildfire?

I got ordered as an IC-3 but ended up on a team where I did a bunch of jobs. Division Sup., planning unit, situation unit where I flew the fire every day for mapping , I ended up in the operations section chief trainee spot for a type 1 incident management team. I have worked for Oregon in fire for the last 20 years. Went to Alaska under the Northwest Compact.

thanx oli. great pics. i need to tell my fire buddies about this topic. they wanted to know more info on what you were doing. thanx.

glad your home safe.

That's pretty neat, thanks for the service sir. I've been looking at conservation officer positions in the NW states due to Iowa having a 15+ year wait to get hired and they just cut 18 more positions to 'save' money.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
That's pretty neat, thanks for the service sir. I've been looking at conservation officer positions in the NW states due to Iowa having a 15+ year wait to get hired and they just cut 18 more positions to 'save' money.

things are starting to get better here, more jobs are opening up in the woods again.

Oli, we're sooo glad y'all c,ame back! Thanks for sharing the pics, awesome to behold!!!

glad to be back ! I dont mind Alaska or fighting fire but fighting fire in Alaska is like no where else in the world. Very unique and always glad to be back.

Back