• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Amish Mafia

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Anyone else watch this? I've caught a few episodes and I'm addicted. I don't care how real or fake it is, it's entertaining. LOL

I DVR it.
The wife just keeps saying it is totally fake.
I tend to agree since if it was a real mafia, that John guy would have been dead a long time ago...LOL!
Fake or not I will keep watching to see what happens.

Not so much yet, but I want too.
I saw one little blurb that would have ended with a shot Amish dude.....the scene was when one of the guys shot someone windshield out in a front yard......I would bury that bastard with the pistol grip SG where he stood. .......think there are any cops around there? Seems like they would have something to say about folks shooting out windshields and such.....I am setting up the DVR see what’s up.

Actually the guy with the guns is a Menonite.
So he is just the muscle of the group.
The Amish with cars and such, supposedly were never baptized into the church, so they can have cars and cellphones....It seems like a crock but it is entertaining.

Well that’s why we have tv......even the news is a hyped up reality show lol, either way that dude wouldnt have made it off the grass

I need to chime in here. This show is filmed in the county where I live. It is fake but enjoy it for what it is. Some Amish have guns and they hunt too. They have a bazillion tags and drive them until a mountain is damn near bare. They will also hit the stocked trout streams before opening day. They don't seem to think rules are for them sometimes. The feds have tried to crack down on them selling untreated milk and most here support their right to do so. They are also major water run off polluters of the Chesapeake Bay and seem resistent to changes to help that. They seem to have religous rules that aren't in the bible (sounds like a lot of religous people huh?). That's my rant.

Overall the Amish are like everyone else with problems etc. Most are just quiet God worshipping folks that want to be left alone. They have great work ethic and will put most union workers to shame. They don't pay into social security and they never ask for one dime back. They back each other up which I like a lot.

I live in PA... I know Lancaster.. all I can do is.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is very Addicting though :p

Great, next you guys will be telling me that House Hunters and Storage Wars are fake as well. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I live in PA... I know Lancaster.. all I can do is.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Watch it there train guy! :lol:...I'll bet you come here for vacation and shop the outlets with the people from metro NY and NJ. I have almost wrecked my car when a mini van from NJ stopped in the middle of the road to take a picture of a cow.

This story was actually in our newspaper. An Amish women was having a very difficult delivery so the midwife called an ambulance and she had a c-section at the hospital. The next day nurses heard screaming coming from her room and found the door locked. Nurses and security guys got keys and went in to find her husband wanting some romantic time with her. He was drug from the room pants down and "ready" hollering "she's my wife and I can do anything I want with her"

For some reason I can't get the road sign pics to post. 3 towns on the Amish area of the county: Intercourse, Bird in Hand and Blue Ball.

carbinemike said:
Watch it there train guy! :lol:...I'll bet you come here for vacation and shop the outlets with the people from metro NY and NJ. I have almost wrecked my car when a mini van from NJ stopped in the middle of the road to take a picture of a cow....

:lol: :lol: I once thought a field of cows was a pack of bears! (A pack? is that right?) I was probably 12 and shit bricks! Like Entire Piles of Bricks!!!! :D You could imagine my lack of amazement when we got closer to the field and I saw they were just cows... JUST COWS!! :p lol

So far I have only seen the one guy shoot out a windshield. Yet no one comes out of the house to say "WHAT THE HELL?!?"

MikeD said:
Great, next you guys will be telling me that House Hunters and Storage Wars are fake as well. :lol: :lol: :lol:

As long as no one tells me that Ghost Hunters ain't real, we'll all get along just fine.

I saw one or two episodes of amish mafia, but I couldn't help but snicker that they charged $20 entrance fee to a party and they thought it was the wildest thing that anyone had ever done.

Shoot, I've been to parties before that I'm not even allowed to talk about to anyone if you weren't there. ;)

MikeD said:

Guess you haven't heard about the guy from Storage Wars who was fired 'cause he wasn't going to "stock" the storage units with unbelievable items anymore? Oops, sorry...LOL

Watched the supposed Amish Mafia...my take is it is a bunch of junk. Won't be wasting my time on it anymore...

Local newspaper article on the show:
http://lancasteronline.com/article/...a--may-draw-tourists-to-Lancaster-County.html
Here's a scene from the 1985 movie Witness. Harrison Ford plays a Philly detective that is hiding among the Amish to protect an Amish boy that witnessed corrupt cops killing someone. This was filmed in the county too. For Ford, it wasn't as memorable part as Indiana Jones, Han Solo or the 55 Chevy driver in American Graffitti.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o07ecRzkLuM[/youtube]

Like it or not, agree with it or not, you got to respect Amish for their cohesion, comradery and community. I love people like that, “you go your way and I’ll go mine”

As I have grown older, I have come to appreciate the Amish much more than when I was younger. A lot of that has to do with the things Oli noted.

I didn't know Han Solo was amish?

I didn't know Han Solo was amish?

It was episode 5. When Luke went to Dagoba to train with Yoda, Han came to Lancaster to learn how to farm without a tractor. You have to buy the DVD with the extra previously deleted scenes to see it!

Back