• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ammo Question

E

-ExCeL-

Good afternoon everyone,

I have a question that I'm hoping the more knowleable individuals can possibly assist me with regarding a recent ammo purchase that I made.

I found some ammo, and bought it. The price was so-so. However, I am questioning whether or not it will cycle through the 715 due to the low velocity.

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm? ... 831%7C1034

That's the link. It's CCI 40GR "Quite ammo." While it is a 40gr, it has a rating of 710 FPS. I read somewhere that anything below a 1000 FPS would be iffy regarding the cycle.

Anyways.. thoughts, opinions, suggestions? Thanks.

Edit: I know it states that it can be used in semi-auto's, but manual cycling may be required; however, I was hoping that some could give me a little more insight regarding this and the applicablity when it comes to the 715. Should I sell it and get something else? The ammo is in transit, so I haven't got a chance to try it out yet.

Depends on the rifle/pistol. You'll just have to try it out. I can't use Std velocity reliably, let alone "quiet", in my Sig 1911-22 pistol, but Std. works just fine in my Savage 6a rifle. If you don't want to sell the ammo, you could buy a .22 revolver and use it in that. ;)

Back