• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Any web programmers here?

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Any one here do web programming?

I've been charged with writing a GUI/Web front end of our currnet software package, which is still running a green screen with a proprietary screen handler.

No specific questions yet, but just wondering if there was anyone here I could bounce questions off of as I move forward with this. I'm a quick study but things have changed a lot since I last did any web design.

We only have a handfull of people in our office, most of which are old school (i.e. non-object oriented) programmers.

Not in 12 years. So many different browsers, add-in's, plug-in's etc. etc.

Probably get a good book on it at Barnes and Noble or a place like that or online with Amazon.

Easy enough to look at the source code on a page layout you like. Using Chrome, left click and click view source.

Nasa, I've learned most of what I know about web pages from doing just that. Most of what I need to learn now is more of the back end hidden stuff that isn't visible from the view source option. It's the code that generates that source and code that interacts with the back end application.

I guess I should have stuck more with the web stuff earlier on in my career. LOL

Back