• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Anyone else as cheap as me?

BowerR64

.270 WIN
I dont care for those huge gun cases, ill admit they are nice and you can lock them and keep alot more gear inside them but after you buy a couple you have spent almost as much as another gun.

My dad always used gun socks and the rifles and guns i got from him are in such nice condition he not only kept them in a sock but also in a gun safe so they really are protected well.

This is how i usually transport my rifles back and for to the range. *guitar gig bags are my favorite*

Gunsocks1_zpse48ed9cd.jpg

I get those cheap gun socks from walmart (green) or cabellas (black and gray) they are all usually way to long. So i cut em down to just the right length for the rifle and then the extra i sew back onto the front and use it as a mag pocket. Most of them are about $7-10. i think the AR type sock is in the $10. range maybe a bit more.

I really like how compact eevrything is when in the socks.

Here is the little pockets
Gunsockpouch_zps9cda01cd.jpg

i've thought about that...what i like about it is people don't suspect gun, but thieves are just as apt to take a guitar as a rifle...

i had an Allan soft case for the mossy when i had it...i paid 25 for it...the smith fits in it just as well, but the mags do not fit in the mag pockets...

I use a .25 cent Tupperware lettuce storage bowl with an open grate top as a media seperator for my reloading tumbler (works for pistol and rifle) - turn it upside down and shake it over a bigger .25 cent bowl. To continue - I scrounge empty ammo boxes from the range trash for reloads. I label the boxes with various blank Avery labels that I pick up yard and estate sales.

How am I doing?!

Back