• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Anyone else experience this ? 535 Model

mastrmasn

Copper BB
Just got a brand new 535, brought it home cleaned it up and as i was about to install the swivel stud I noticed that it would not thread due to paint inside the threads in the take down screw. Has anyone come across this problem previously and is there a fix other then sending everything back for repair.

I am thinking of tapping the threads to the same exact size just to remove the paint.

mastrmasn said:
Just got a brand new 535, brought it home cleaned it up and as i was about to install the swivel stud I noticed that it would not thread due to paint inside the threads in the take down screw. Has anyone come across this problem previously and is there a fix other then sending everything back for repair.

I am thinking of tapping the threads to the same exact size just to remove the paint.

if it's only paint i would take a tap(the same size) and chase the threads just to clean them up.

Back