• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Anyone know how to get ahold of These sights?

HA! It sure does.

Just checked their product spec sheet on their website and it list the length at 8.13". Too funny! :lol:

surestop.gif

Anyone familiar with this banded front sight? I know LPA makes them, but I dont believe this is from them. As you can see there is a little square notch cut out of the end closest to the heat shield. It kinda makes the band look OEM in a way. The LPA ones I have seen dont have a square notch taken out of them. I called but they are closed.

Still havent figured out who makes that AR-15 style front site in that pic in the beginning of this thread.

@LES
Yeah, right?? I cant stand mis-information! Especially when its straight from the horses mouth.

Thats a really cool lookin sight... and I've never noticed it before!

Now I wanna know!!!

I concur. Im not a big fan of the banded fronts but, there is something about it I like. The notch cut out of the rear of it kinda makes it look as if it was meant to be on there form the factory. It maintains the squared lines of the gun & the notch cut out lines up w/the barrel lug. I wonder what it would look like if it was on the 18.5'', where as there is no barrel lug there. It might look out of place to me.

Regardless, I wanna know who makes it!! Why are sights so hard to find!! Still haven't found that Blackwater front sight.

Rossignol said:
Thats a really cool lookin sight... and I've never noticed it before!

Now I wanna know!!!

Spoke w/Ergo, explained I wasnt trying to buy anything right now but had a question regarding something on their site. Travis from tech support happily researched it a bit & called me back within 5mins. He said Its from SAGE International. Went to Sage's site & product states that its notched for the 590 but stock photo looks nothing like the photo above. Maybe they changed the design or maybe they are using the same pic for all banded fronts. I'll have to call Sage tom. Travis is the MAN!! :D

Now.. in the mean time waiting for Travis to call, I called Mossberg in reference to that front soldered sight. Told them I'm a owner of a 590 looking to buy GRS. I asked who makes the front sight on the Blackwater model.

Robot: "I dont know & were not allowed to give that information out" :roll: :x

ME: What do you mean you cant give it out? In the Blackwater's description it clearly states that ya'll are using aftermarket products on it & it lists the brands, like "XS" rear grs. I know that the front sight isnt the XS brand, I'm just trying to find out who makes it so I can buy it from you guys.

Robot: We dont know where are parts come from or who makes them

Me: Really?

Robot: We dont have access to that type of information.

Me: Well how about this, Hows about you see if you can dig up some information on a product I am trying to purcase from you guys & let me know if it is something I can buy through you guys or I need to look somewhere else.

Robot: (Starts babbling on about irrelevant corperate stuff, honestly had no idea what he was talking about)

At that point I was receiving a call from Egro (mind you, a company I told I wasn't buying anything from today) so I just hung up the babbling robot & took the call from Travis.

I really cant believe what I heard from that Mossberg representative today while trying to buy something from them. It was as if I called & asked them to work a Sunday. I could understand if this was just CS but I dialed into Tech support!! NOT ACCEPTABLE!! :evil: I should call Egro back, they would prolly have it in 5mins for me.!!

ERGO is great! I've spoken with them on several occasions and they have connected me to tech, marketing, sales, CS etc... All have been friendly and helpful and were happy to take the time to answer whatever questions I've had!

In fact, I most recently called and asked about their AR stock, the F93, in black and tan that was introduced at SHOT Show. They didnt have any available to ship but said they have inventory bein produced and theyd be commercially available soon! Which reminds me, I should check on that! :D

OFM is notoriously unhelpful on the other hand. They couldnt help me find info on the MarineCote finish either. I can likely research that and track it down though, I have a lead on a company in NM and its supposedly a proprietary finish.

I'll look into the Sage as well. There is another company, Command Arms I think, who makes an A2 styled front shotgun sight, but not for Mossbergs, and certainly not for the heavy barreled 590A1. The Sage sight reminds me of that and I really like the look and profile, may be a worthwhile investment!

I appreciate you sharing the info youve found, thanks!!!

Rossignol said:
I'll look into the Sage as well. There is another company, Command Arms I think, who makes an A2 styled front shotgun sight, but not for Mossbergs, and certainly not for the heavy barreled 590A1. The Sage sight reminds me of that and I really like the look and profile, may be a worthwhile investment!

I appreciate you sharing the info youve found, thanks!!!

I was just thinking... :idea: :idea: I wonder if any of the other manufacturers make it with the notch taken out of it to fit the barrel lug & we are just seeing stock photos of their Remmy banded sight. In other words maybe some of the pictures I've seen are misrepresented. For example, when I was researching forends the first time around, I saw this cool looking polymer setup, I started punching in my CC when I realized that the one for the Mossberg looks totally different. I was about to purchase the right one, but the picture was wrong. Funny you mention CAA, they make the forend I'm mentioning, but it was on a vendors page.

Even now when I just went to go get this pic url to show you what I'm talking about, CAA's site had this representing their Remmy forend until you actually clicked on it. It doesnt even fit a shotgun.

picatinnyrails__61649.jpg

This was the one I was about to buy
RR870__53519_thumb.jpg

This was what would of been sent
mr500__43941_thumb_category.jpg

Anyways Back to the Sights...
So yeah.. this is exactly why I'm wondering about the notch on the banded sights.

Rossignol said:
There is another company, Command Arms I think, who makes an A2 styled front shotgun sight, but not for Mossbergs, and certainly not for the heavy barreled 590A1.

I couldn't find it on CAA. I swear I've seen a bunch of companies that make the banded fronts like small machine shops. There are so many big weapons accessories companies taking up SEO :ugeek: on Google that its really hard to find them again if you haven't bookmarked them or they don't keep up with their sites & forget to renew their "Go Daddy Domain" so they don't come up at all.

Sorry bout the mix up, its actually Cavalry Arms. Ill get that info when I get home.

Also, emailed Sage last night and a guy called me back today. I only spoke with him for a couple minutes and ill talk to him more tomorrow and get some detailed info and specs!

I've been a busy little :geek: scouring the net for these grs. I've come across a few different people who make them. Like MCC, Steve Wickert & another person called Ashley who is now the XS brand. The thing is, the MCC site doesnt exist anymore or I just cant find it. Reguarding Steve Wickerts, I think he might of been around way back in the day. He probably stuffed all his money under the mattress & retired or something.

Oh yeah, the Cavalry Arms site only lists the grs for the Remmy.

Yep, exactly on the Cav Arms sight. It isnt available for the Mossberg at all.

Have you tried Wilson Combat?

On the SAGE sight set, including rear GRS aperature and tritium front, the cost would be around $150, with a fiber optic sight its around $130. These are MSRP, not even retail. I'll know more tomorrow though.

Anyone know off hand the OD on the 590A1's heavy barrel? They only have the one part number that is notched for the 590, (not A1) and I'm not sure if it will fit the A1. It will fit Mossberg barrels measuring .848 to .858. 1 100th of an inch isnt much room to play. There are other models that are bigger, but arent notched, so they may fit 500's or 590/590A1's with 18.5 barrels.

Anyway, I'll talk to the guy tomorrow afternoon and find out more... anyone have a micrometer or calipers to get the barrel OD's? I may be able to borrow something from work.

:lol: Yeah, for real... But I think it counts this time, we need ALL THOSE LITTLE MARKS INBETWEEN! :D

Yeah I think it might. On the other hand though, the heat shield I have is suppose to only be for the reg 590 barrel but it fit over no problem w/ a little dremeling. Now I wouldn't go dremeling a $200 sight but, I didnt try to fit the heat sheild first w/out dremeling & I only took a smidge off of it. so I think I could of got it on there w/out modding the rear tabs that hold it over the barrel. The front tabs were a different story cuz they landed on the lug.

So it makes me wonder if the thicker barrel would pose that much of a problem. Unless of course they changed the design were looking @above & it is now a totally closed design w/out the nuts n' bolt on the side, then it would definitely matter cuz it gotta be a tight fit to keep a unit w/out tightening bolts on there.

When you speak to them tomorrow ask them if they can email/mms you a picture of the ones specifically designed for the 590. Both rear & front if you dont mind.. :D

Will do!

They did email me a PDF catalog and price list. It seems that is an older design with the screws on the side. They are now a solid piece as far as I can tell with a set screw that locks it against the barrel, and otherwise their tolerances are tight.

If yall can think of anything I should ask, let me know here and I'll ask the guy when I talk to him this afternoon.

So they aren't notched anymore? Ask them if they have any older units (demo/used) kicking around the shop or at warehouse or wutever. Thanks buddy.

I'm sorry, they are still notched!

Talked to Channing some more today. He said the pics I have from the catalogue are older pics and the style has changed since. So there is def a style that is notched, and I dont know yet if the newer style has screws on the side as what is pictured on the ERGO gun, or if those have been eliminated.

He is however goin to send pics and specs of some military units, both 500s and 870s, they recently completed for a contract order.

I have the micrometer and I'll be sending him dimensions of the heavy barrel and of the standard profile 500. It may turn out that the sights will work with the 835 too!

More later!

Sorry to bring this back from the dead.I'm new here and I have a 590A1 w/heavy barrell like the op.
I wanted the exact same sight setup for mine,so any new info or suggestions?

Back