• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Anyone using the ALG Geissele AK47 trigger?

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
They just came up on their site for order. And less than $50 shipped, so that was a decent price I think.

I have had a few issues with an old tapco G2 trigger in my Weiger STG German clone, and have wanted to replace it for a long time now, but didn't have anything 922 compliant where I could, so this is probably one of the better opportunities out here for me to replace it.

Product overview

Product installation video (and also shows some shooting in the beginning of the video)

And some shooting

No experience with their AK triggers, but I've used the Geisselle tuned ALG combat triggers in my last couple AR lowers. Very well made with smooth, clean, well polished surfaces. They've been good to go...

With any luck, I may be able to try it out later next week in the STG. Depending on how quickly they ship it out.

I have another project in the wings going on and a busy schedule next week as it is.

I don't mind updating the thread, but I'm certain it won't be before at least Thursday or later at best. Even if I get it before then.

I've got some ALG ACT triggers in AR's and they're great. I've also got a SGL21 with a terrible trigger. I was about to order a Texas trigger for it but I'll try the new ALG instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there such a thing as "too good"?

The trigger is certainly light and smooth, and there is a little take up, then it takes you by surprise when it goes off.

I'm having a hard time determining where the release point is.

On most triggers at the end of the takeup travel, you can feel a stop, but the release is so light on this one, I'm running over it trying to find it.

If that makes any sense.

Also, it's a FAST trigger. And average length and solid reset.

I also like the angle of the trigger. Your finger pad sits perfect on it.

Cool...
I know the trigger fits in a 7.62 milled Arsenal but I've to ask for using it in my milled Arsenal SAR M9 in .223.
In Germany I've found only the Tapcos but I love this nearly non-curved trigger :)

I had emailed them to ask, and they are supposed to be coming out with an E (Enhanced) version of the trigger that will have a shorter pull and crisper break.

I am interested in the shorter pull because it may suit my shooting style better. As fast as this trigger is, I can only imagine how quick one with a shorter pull would be.

I'm on the preorder list, but no firm ETA on a release date for them.

Rarely do I get stoked over an item that I have no experience with, but if their standard trigger is improved, I'm looking forward to trying it.

No, the one I have is single hooked.

However, it is all three pieces. Trigger, disconnector, and hammer.

Basically it's the whole assembly.

I don't know why you couldn't replace it as a group and it not work correctly.

The double hook is just an extra safety measure.

Just so you know though, there are coming out with an enhanced version pretty soon. I have one pre-ordered, but it's also a single hook far as I know.

It is supposed to have a shorter pull and faster reset (basically a faster trigger).

The one I have in my AK kinda sneaks up on you when it goes off.

You are going to make me order the enhanced when its available. I have been looking for a new trigger for my AK/

I am a trigger freak.
I always look to them first.
No matter how awesome one is at first , I always get used to it and it doesn't feel special or sneaky or anything after a while.
When I get reminded is either when someone else shoots them and "wow !, wasn't expecting that" or I shoot the same gun with a stock trigger...and when I am shooting over 300 yards even my best trigger feels heavy just trying to breath and squeeze ever so gingerly...

this is an old Steyr thats killed more food than any rifle in the family......this trigger is scary, as many times as I have shot this gun it is always a scary trigger.....better be on target , your pulse damnear sets it off

You are going to make me order the enhanced when its available. I have been looking for a new trigger for my AK/

It's $75 for the enhanced and $50 for the standard. Which I think the standard is a little long on the pull, but like I said, I usually am running over the sear release on it, so...

Back