• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Army Vet arrested in NY for possessing........30 round mags

Tim4k5

.270 WIN
Not that we need anything else to perk the ears up and get the blood boiling, but here is a story out of New York that totally blew my mind when I saw it this morning....
http://gunssavelives.net/blog/decor...n-ny-for-possession-of-30-round-ar-magazines/

This guy is looking at huge fines and jail time......not for commiting a violent crime, are taking pot-shots at someone but for having 5 30rd AR mags in his car which he claims were supposed to be pre-ban mags. Heads up if you live in NY state.....looks like they aren't waiting for SCOTUS to bust down their new laws before they try to take a bite out of crime.

Re: Army Vet arrested in NY for posessing........30 round ma

WHA!?! I thought that shite was not yet in effect!?

I can only imagine this is the beginning of something more.

I can't believe David Gregory does essentially the same thing in a place where the same magazine is illegal to own, and hold up a magazine for all to see and yet no action is taken.

Things like this will continue I believe if the LEOs, ATF, or whatever are left unchecked without coming up against hard resistance of a legal sort.

Eventually, there will be one who won't back down to them and it may be the second shot heard around the world.

Just speculating...

Rossignol said:
Eventually, there will be one who won't back down to them and it may be the second shot heard around the world.

Just speculating...

And it would be spun like it would be the perpetrators fault of course.

You know that...right?

mingaa said:
WHA!?! I thought that shite was not yet in effect!?

30 round mags are only legal in NY right now if they were made before a certain date.....1994 I think. But I'm sure everyone here can prove what year every mag they own was made in.

LEO's have apparently been given there marching orders in NY. I'm sad to say I fully expect to see this guy face a joke of a trial and receive the maximum sentence possible. They want to be sure that us "common citizens" see what happens if we resist.

Screw em.

No Compromise, No Quarter

Re: Army Vet arrested in NY for possessing........30 round m

I bet you're right on the money T4k5

We were supposed to have till 2014 to sell off our 30rds or turn them in...

DHonovich said:
We were supposed to have till 2014 to sell off our 30rds or turn them in...

Dan, aren't the only legal to own now (soon to be illegal) 30 round magazines in New York those manufactured prior to 1994? My understanding from what I have read is that NY State kept the Hi-Cap mag ban in place with State laws after the Federal AWB expired in 04, with only pre 1994 magazines being legal.......but this "law" was rarely enforced because of the difficulties in proving date of manufacture of magazines other than the Hi-caps made DURING the ban that were marked LE or Military only?

It seems to me that the State has decided that the burden of proof of manufacturer date now falls on the owner, going by this case.

Cuomo stepped on his unit as the test "boy" for the party. He's made an ass of himself defending that position. His approval numbers have experienced a very big swing. He is eligible for a second term and has aspirations to higher offices. If this can get to the courts he will rue the day he played the front puppet for the party. The citizens of the state have the most power but all of us must speak loudly to be certain that a national example/standard is not perceived across the nation!! Arg!!!

Yes they had to be pre94 which means there is no date on the mags in most cases. I have a bunch of prebans and kept some of them still in the wrapper that has the only proof of date. It would be a royal pain to defend them.

It would be a royal pain to defend them.

Yes, we now have a country where you are guilty until proven innocent...just like 1775.

Wow. I'm sure NYS will do their best to make an example out of him to show everyone that they mean business and that they better walk the line.

We are becomming excactly that which out founders risked everything to escape.

carbinemike said:
It would be a royal pain to defend them.

Yes, we now have a country where you are guilty until proven innocent...just like 1775.

I can vouch for that. I experienced here a home with the burden of proof resting solely with me and though charges were dismissed after I provided evidence, I know factually I am still perceived as bein guilty. That's what really began changing my perception of the system. It proved that the system really is a money driven machine and not representative govt.

Back to the pointat hand, has anyone heard why the guy was stopped to begin with? And if their lookin to set a precedent, how about the precedent of david gregory walking away without charges bein brought against him at all? Call it a first offense with no criminal background, although I feel david gregory bein a sicophant mouthpiece is criminal enough.

MikeD, You're absolutely right about the founders. They risked everything. They were in some cases professionals with business, and property to loose, and yet signed on and became traitors for which the penalty was death, to escape this very sort of system and in its place establish something representative in its place.

I can vouch for that. I experienced here a home with the burden of proof resting solely with me
I hate to say it but I thought of Rossignol when I was typing about burden of proof.

Back to the pointat hand, has anyone heard why the guy was stopped to begin with?
I am not finding anything to validate this one as even happening. A lot of the google hits go back to Alex Jones Infowars. Infowars has to many artcles that are written as fact that I can't verify.

If it helps, the Infowars has his name as Nathan Haddad, stopped in Jefferson, NY on a random pullover stop.

Anyone find anything substantial on this or are we chasing a phantom?

Thanks Tim! I'm glad we're not commenting on a phantom but I'm also sad that some poor guy is going through this. The burden of guilt is suppose to be on the state, I don't know how they will prove they are post '94. They should let him alone until after the new law is implemented. That being said the new law sucks.

I really don't want anything bad to happen to either citizens or LEO's but if NY proceeds like this I see bad things happening. They will go for someone that is willing to die for their rights and bullets will fly and blood will be shed.

The only way I know to irrefutably prove the mags are post ban, would be if they were post ban manufacture mags would have the month/year engraved somewhere on the mags.

Mags made after Sept 13, 1994 have been required that a date be imprinted in the magazine so it's apparent when they were made.

For this early windowed Pmag as an example, Oct 2007

magmanufacturedate002_zpsae7a8256.jpg

And/Or

Leo/Mil disclaimer. This mag was made in March 2007

magmandate001_zps29918e6a.jpg

magazines manufactured prior to Sept 13, 1994, have no date engraved on them because there was no mandate for it. Matter of fact, the only reason that mags are still dated at all is to appease the individual states who enacted bans. By Federal law, no mandate exists because they are legal everywhere else in the country.

John A. said:
The only way I know to irrefutably prove the mags are post ban, would be if they were post ban manufacture mags would have the month/year engraved somewhere on the mags.

Mags made after Sept 13, 1994 have been required that a date be imprinted in the magazine so it's apparent when they were made.

Thanks for the info John.....I sold my AR a few years ago and wasn't aware the newer mags were dated.

And thanks for the link to the donation page for this guys defense fund. Sent a small donation today and I'll send more when I get back to work in a few weeks.

Hearing he was selling the mags in a parking lot. That's when he was approached by the LEO.

That's what I'm hearing.

Back