• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Army Vet arrested in NY for possessing........30 round mags

Re: Army Vet arrested in NY for possessing........30 round m

Please keep us posted if you hear anything else. That's a load of crap, even if true.

In a dark alley, sometime in the future:
"Pssst, buddy, come here a minute. You wanna buy some of the good stuff?"
"Naw...I can get anything I want at the drug store. Pot. Pain Pills. Coke. Whatever I want".
"Not drugs, ammo clips. I got the best. None of that imported Chinese crap either Good domestic stuff".
"Ok, gimme a 5 bag of the army surplus"
"That'll be 10 benjamins my good man".

All the media reports I've seen say that the mags were found when he consented to a search during a routine stop. I would imagine if he was selling the mags there would be worse charges filed than possessing them. Hard to find much info because this story is getting ZERO media coverage.

Routine stop was when the cop approached his vehicle as it was in a parking lot alone at night.

When asked what he was doing he said selling magazines (which is legal)

Turned out that the magazines.... from what I read (sorry cant find it now) were post ban magazines (post 1994) and he was charged with possession.

Since 1994 NYS has been under the federal AWB. What he had if true was illegal for a while. Chances are they were stamped after that date.

If what I read is true.... what he did was retarded. However, I reserve judgement until trial if it goes that far.

UPDATE:

Found something:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/gun ... z2JnFqIjfi

Thanks for the link WaterMonkey. Definitely not the smartest thing to be doing if he was indeed selling the mags....

Either way I see my donation to his defense fund as a good investment.......it is cases like this one that will be used to go through the Courts to challenge the magazine bans.

If that is truely what happened....<facepalm>

Back