• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ATF to ban “military” style shotguns, but taking public comm

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Has anyone heard anything else on this? Is it valid or just the fear machine at work?

I searched but most linkes come back to the same storym, which doesn't help it's credibility.

In one of the most blatant moves by the BATFE, they are now deciding on what shotguns they want to outlaw that are currently available to citizens. In a recent report from the Greeley Gazette, they announce their plans to deprive the American people of our right to bear shotguns with certain features. As if the words, “the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed,” have no meaning, the BATFE is now taking the “law” into their own hands, without consent of “We the People”.

Link to full text

Re: ATF to ban “military” style shotguns, but taking public

Thanks for the info Tom.

I like the part where they only posted pix of the Saiga 12 & 20......silly ATF. They need to be held accountable for theirgun running as well. This is just bad...bad...bad.

Yeah, Tom is correct, but since the gun control act of 1968, the term "Sporting" has been left up for interpretation to the Attorney General, which as we all know how much Holder dislikes firearms, so he has been doing everything he can think of to do as much damage to the 2nd Amendment as he possibly can in his time as head of the DOJ.

This is why the term "Sporting" should be removed from the GCA altogether.

Sporting, or hunting were not mentioned in the Constitution, or Bill of Rights or any other Amendment because the 2A was worded the way it was.

Shall not be infringed.

It's not really that hard to understand, but for some, they just don't like it and want to go changing things.

I don't usually link to off site discussions, but here is a couple page hot topic about the current administrations' stance on firearm ownership and trying to underhandedly create a ban by deception. It's sickening if you take the time to follow its' footsteps.

http://oa2.org/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=12158

Thanks John, I'll read through that tonight after work when I have more time to absorb it all.

Back