• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ATI Fiberforce Re-fit for Mossberg 702

M

MoFooKiN

I am currently trying to refit a ati marlin 60 fiberforce stock to fit my 702 plinkster and I'm having a bit of trouble getting the recie3ver into the stock, I have removed a large portion of the stock including the forward mounting screw hole, I figure I'll make my own hole once I get the damn thing to slide into the slot. my question is, how do I tell where the reciver is getting caught up, I cant see into the stock to tell when trying to push the reciever into the slot? I dont want to have wasted my $60 but I am kind of at a loss, as in I dont exactly know what "ridges" need to remain and what can go. If anyone has any advice, or a link about a solution to my problem I would greatly apreciate it. the only other person I have found on the net to do the same mod is on youtube and it looks great, I have written them but figured I would come here as well. Please reply asap and I will post pictures if requested. Thanks in advance.

Wish I could help out, but I don't recall anyone here trying this before.

I've often wondered how difficult this would be though. Post up some pics if you can and we'll see if we notice anything. Either way, keep us posted on your progress...

You could do something like the detist does with your teeth. They use these little carbon sheets you put between your teeth when you grind your teeth on them it colors the tooth and thats how they know where the high spots are. Once they get them ground down so the whole tooth is colored they know they are seating properly.

Does that make sence?

Coat the inside with a marker or somthing that can be removed easy, slide the receiver down into the stock. WHere the high spots are it will rub the paint or marker off

put tape on the receiver in the ares you think it is rubbing install it and pull it out and look at the tape it should show marks where its rubbing.

Back