• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Attach factory adjustable buttstock without pistol grip??

MCL1981

Copper BB
I just picked up this Mossy 500 Tactical Persuader. It came factory with the pistol grip, adjustable buttstock and 5 shell clip. I want to try a straight stock compared to the pistol grip Is there an adapter that will let me attach that adjustable buttstock to the gun without the pistol grip? I would like to not spend $80-$120 on a whole new buttstock, when I like the one it has. I just need to be able to attach it without the pistol grip and still work in my hands. Maybe it's not possible. Input please?

20130812_221344.jpg

Re: Attach factory adjustable buttstock without pistol grip?

Not sure on removing the pistol grip but welcome to the forums and thanks for the pics!! That's a nice looking 500.

i think your only option would be to buy a new buttstock. i haven't seen any non-pistol grip stocks that are adjustable like your current stock.

You might want to look into the ATI Akita stock. I have one on my 500 18.5. It is a more traditional (non pistol grip) stock that is adjustable for LOP from 12 3/8" to 14 3/8" with an adjustable cheek riser and an excelent recoil pad.

Akita stocks are one of my favorite options for Mossberg shotguns...I love mine!

Back