• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Barrel Nut question

Badsign

Copper BB
Is the barrel nut and retaining ring the same for the 20ga and 12ga? Is there a special tool for removing the retaining ring? If so, where would be the source?

They are different. I used a small flat screw driver and a needle nose pliers on the retaining ring.

part #'s 12ga 3874BL
20ga #3857

Thanks for the reply. The reason I ask is because I see that Midway sells what they call a magazine cap with sling swivel stud made by The Outdoor Connection and claims it will work on 12, 16, and 20 ga 500's. How can this be? Product number is 150493

We need to get both in front of us and take a look. I know @Tom396 has both.

Hey Tom ,are they different? TY

I took a chance and ordered the Outdoor Connection part. If it does not work I will return it. When I can compare it to the existing barrel nut on my 20 ga cruiser I will report it on this thread. Will appreciate any other input on this matter in the meantime

I called Midway and the girl on the other end didn't know what I was talking about when I explained about the part numbers.

Thank you for keeping us posted.

They are not exactly the same. Each is the same outer diameter as the corresponding magazine tube. However, I believe either would get the job done. The thread and thread length is the same. Take care. Tom Worthington

I stand corrected. They will interchange.@Badsign

Thank you Tom.:)

Back