• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Battle Belts and Web Gear

S.R. Crawford

.270 WIN
I've always been a fan of web gear. They're great for guys like me who can't afford plates, and I've always thought they distribute weight more efficiently than a chest rig. Plus they do better in the heat.

I finished a new web gear setup this afternoon. It's designed for my Mossberg 500 but could also work with a rifle if needed. Note that I do not own a pistol.

The belt is an ALICE pistol belt with Eagle Industries War Belt Suspenders. The suspenders are minimalist, but don't interfere with my pack. If I find them uncomfortable I'll pick up some M1941 suspender pads.

webgearcurrent.jpg
From left to right:

Eagle Industries Double AR Magazine Pouch
5.11 VTAC Shotgun Pouch
Eagle Industries Canteen Pouch
Condor EMT Lite Pouch (IFAK)
CAT Tourniquet attached to my IFAK (moved inside the IFAK)
Eagle Industries Canteen Pouch
Ontario Spec-Plus Tanto
Eagle Industries Single Grenade Pouch (using it as a compass pouch)
Eagle Industries Double AR Magazine Pouch

I'm using Esstac 7rd Velcro Side Saddles in the magazine pouches.

I think this is kind of middle of the line weight wise. It's not ultra low profile, but I intentionally left out items like a field pack. I designed it to work in conjunction with a backpack, which allows me to tailor my load to the situation. If I need more gear it goes in the pack, if I'm dove hunting out of the back of my truck I leave the pack in the truck.

Anyone else using a similar rig?

Last edited:
Nice setup.. you seem to have used every inch on that belt ;) Do you wear that belt on the same hight as you pants belt or just above ?

I have a similar rig when im in the national guard/homeguard.. We have not been issued plate carriers :( ..yet

I have material for a similar rig at home but not configured / put it together yet. Got a padded Highspeedgear belt. I also have a cheap plate carrier which is also not configured yet.. Im so numb / lazy atm. cant get things done lol

I envy you young bucks that can carry gear like that. Back in the day, oh that was a long time ago.
I actually managed to keep it pretty light, the heaviest things I have on here are my canteens and an entire box of shotshells.

Nice setup.. you seem to have used every inch on that belt ;) Do you wear that belt on the same hight as you pants belt or just above ?

I have a similar rig when im in the national guard/homeguard.. We have not been issued plate carriers :( ..yet

I have material for a similar rig at home but not configured / put it together yet. Got a padded Highspeedgear belt. I also have a cheap plate carrier which is also not configured yet.. Im so numb / lazy atm. cant get things done lol
I wear it just above my pants belt so it rides more or less resting on my hip bones. And yeah, I have it packed pretty tight. Everything fits a bit better when it's not laid out flat, although I did have move the tourniquet inside my IFAK to make that canteen fit a bit better. I put the tourniquet pouch on my pack.

I like running different colors on all my gear to help break me up at a distance, one solid color seems to stand out to me.IMG_20210829_120151502.jpg

Back