• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bayonet for 590A1

I believe it's just the M7 and M9. Since it's made for the US military I don't think it would do double duty with AK-47 bayonets.

Only bayonets compatible with the M16/AR15 rifles will work.

That's OK though - because there's a fair number of choices out there.

M7
M7B
M9
OK3CS
SW1B
SW3B

and so on

TheJackal said:
Only bayonets compatible with the M16/AR15 rifles will work.

That's OK though - because there's a fair number of choices out there.

M7
M7B
M9
OK3CS
SW1B
SW3B

and so on

I heard or read that the OKC3S was too long and required a spacer. Anyone know for sure?

It would appear you are correct.

My Google-Fu came across this article where the author deals with that problem.

http://www.guns.com/review/2012/12/04/s ... -from-okc/

His solution was to space the magazine cap with a rather large lock washer - something I don't think is the wisest idea, since there will be less threads engaged holding the barrel on.

yBK5Tlh.jpg

What I would do given this scenario, is modify the bayonet to suit the gun - not the gun to suit the bayonet.

Take that same lock-washer and bayonet down to your local machine shop, and pay a few dollars to have them weld it onto the back of the barrel hole.

PIX0SdP.jpg

Then you can have your cake and eat it too :)

I just bought my 590 a - boc - bayonet, its fit was very sloppy. I rectified this by taking my dremel tool with a small grinding stone, I ground out the factory peanning.I then filed the shoulder cuts down a little over an eighth ,tacked it and cleaned up said tack. Repainted butt cap with flat black touch up paint..... ta da perfect fit.
The sweetheart looks at me like I'm crazy because because ups just droped it on the porch...... Crazy Cool .... my Mossy is shaping up

Back