• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Best Slug Straight out-of-box?

Reviewer BuddyP. from CheaperThanDirt.com said:
They put about a 5 or 6 in hole thru a peice of sheetmetal from about 15yrds.and I put a 2in deep dent in an old safe i was trying to get into! lol but the recoil is amasing! Very controlable! I shot em out of a Moss 500 With a pistol grip & was able to hold it correctly and look down the sights without getting kicked in the mouth like most slugs will do! Great ammo! buying 5 boxs now!

Sure you did, all with the one box of 5 you bought.....and no slug is making a 2 inch deep dent in no safe ! I have shot too much steel to believe that....especially from a low recoil slug.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
Reviewer BuddyP. from CheaperThanDirt.com said:
Wow! I love these slugs! I bought a box about 7 months ago and have keep a few loaded in my home defense shotty by my door. Last weekend i decided to try em out when i went out shooting. They put about a 5 or 6 in hole thru a peice of sheetmetal from about 15yrds.and I put a 2in deep dent in an old safe i was trying to get into! lol but the recoil is amasing! Very controlable! I shot em out of a Moss 500 With a pistol grip & was able to hold it correctly and look down the sights without getting kicked in the mouth like most slugs will do! Great ammo! buying 5 boxs now!

I'm sold!

Yeah, and you've bought a metric ton of it by now...... jes sayin' :p

I absolutely love the review that Buddy.P put up. Frikkin awesome.

I knew that you were being sarcastic. I was just heaping on more sarcasm.

Sorry if my post went sideways. :)

:lol: All good. My brain is at 1/3 capacity as my wife is sick and I was up all night with her and had to get up with our 3 year old.

Texas_Made said:
Hey Mossberg Owners

Im looking to buy some 12 gauge 2 3/4 slugs and could really use a point in the right direction.

Im looking for something that is going to be fairly accurate "out-of-the box"
Something that has enough power to hit targets in excess of 50 yards

I don't think I can find LE slugs locally, Brands like Win. Ranger…

I will be needing to pattern these so something i can find locally.

looking to purchase 25 or so
:cool: :D

Hey "Texas Made" check out my post here: http://www.mossbergowners.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2160&p=22809#p22809

]

How do they figure 15 slugs for 15 bucks is a value....thats going rate.

Texas made, I don’t think the Centurions are any better than anything else, they just offer a true value ($.41 ea shipped) for a good performing slug.[/quote]

In south texas At walmart the 15 pack of super x 00 buck is 9.89 .....under 10.00 and they have sluggers for 12.?? Stop at the one in kenedy , tx for some reason people in that small town dont buy every 12 ga shell In sight

Back