• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Best way to clear jam from FTE? Help Please.

ramairthree

Copper BB
Hello,
I am a long term Mossberg owner, a 500 for decades, another 500 for about ten years, and
I have had my JM 22inch for about a year. I put a few dozen buckshot and slugs through it, and then have shot about 350 Walmart Winchester or Federal bargain box rounds through it.

I had a small number of issues I expected for breaking it in and been pretty happy.

The only mods on the gun are sling swivels and the Nordic XL cap so it holds ten without a ghost load.

Today I had a FTE. I have had one on occasion before, but this time the bolt was not back. I had a round stuck under the lifter. On other pumps, SAs, I have had this once in a while and a slot in the lifter lets you use a screwdriver or whatever to push the round back in the tube magazine and clear it.

Without a slot on the JM, I had a hell of a long time with a bolt I could not pull to the rear, and trying to slide a knife blade to the side of the lifter and push the round back in the tube.

It was one of two malfunctions out of 50 rounds.

Your experiences and info much appreciated,
thank you.

Had something like that happen once but it was a while ago. It was not a FTE but a failure to feed from the magazine. I do not remember how I cleared it but it took pulling the bolt back while pressing the release button and another set of hands to wiggle the shell stuck on the lifter.

Search for stuck lifters on here and there will be pictures of them. That may help you "see" what you need to do.

Back