• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Blackhawk Spec Ops NRS stock

I've been trying to find a more versatile stock for my Mossberg 590 as the factory stock was just too long for my stature. I may or may not be the only one firing this shotgun so having a little more versatility was somewhat of importance to me. I have tried the Knoxx Spec Ops stock that supposedly reduces felt recoil with the built-in spring system on the Remington 870, but all it did was beat the hell out of my right cheek.

I tried another pistol grip stock on my 590 from Speed Feed but the ergonomics were horrible and the grip didn't feel comfortable at all. I didn't want to buy the Knoxx Spec Ops stock again. I perhaps could have gone with another standard stock with a shorter length of pull, especially considering where the location of the safety is on the Mossberg 500/590 series. I ended up finding the Spec Ops NRS stock at Wal-Mart and I was most certainly intrigued by it seeing how it lacked the spring system. I was just wondering if anyone else here has tried this stock and if so, how do you like it?

Please excuse the other guns, they felt left out!

I ran both types of Knoxx Spec Ops stocks for years. The difference is that one doesn't reduce recoil, and the other doesn't either.

The Knoxx NRS is great stock. Good features, low cost, quality, etc. If you use the Ghost Sights you will experience the same cheek-bashing that you found on the 870. The comb simply sits too high. The only Collapsible Stocks that allow an individual to 'get down' on their sights is the Mesa Tactical Adapter or ATI since these angle down, not straight out.

That's odd.

I used the Knoxx SpecOps on my 590 for several years with great results. It made a huge difference in recoil and worked as intended for me...

Back