• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Blackwater 590a1 Ghost Ring Sights Question

friendorfoe

Copper BB
Hi all,

Total newbie from Texas here with a question. I have searched everywhere but cannot seem to find where I can get a replacement rear ghost ring sight arpeture for my Blackwater 590a1. Mine shipped to me with a cracked ring (which Mossberg said they will replace, no questions asked) but being that the rear ghost ring on this gun sits high and by its lonesome, I have no doubt I will one day break it again. I called Mossberg and asked about buying a backup but there are 2 problems, #1 they only have them available as a whole unit (rail, ring, etc) so that means even though the ring itself can be replaced, they only carry them as an entire unit and #2 they don't have them in their inventory of "to sale" items, so I cannot buy extras from them.

Does anyone know if I would be able to use an AR 15 rear sight on this gun? Like a Magpul? I'd like to have a plan B when and if I ever knock that ring out.

Thanks in advance.

friendorfoe said:
Hi all,

Total newbie from Texas here with a question. I have searched everywhere but cannot seem to find where I can get a replacement rear ghost ring sight arpeture for my Blackwater 590a1. Mine shipped to me with a cracked ring (which Mossberg said they will replace, no questions asked) but being that the rear ghost ring on this gun sits high and by its lonesome, I have no doubt I will one day break it again. I called Mossberg and asked about buying a backup but there are 2 problems, #1 they only have them available as a whole unit (rail, ring, etc) so that means even though the ring itself can be replaced, they only carry them as an entire unit and #2 they don't have them in their inventory of "to sale" items, so I cannot buy extras from them.

Does anyone know if I would be able to use an AR 15 rear sight on this gun? Like a Magpul? I'd like to have a plan B when and if I ever knock that ring out.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum from NY.

Before you order anything from Aimpro I would strongly advise you do read this link,,,,

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8939&hilit=aimpro

Thanks for the help guys, at this point I'm just looking for irons. I will eventually go to a red dot, but in the meantime, having irons that can fit the rail would be great. Any suggestions?

I think you may have better luck contacting XS sights to see if they will replace the rear ring.

Hope this helps,
Jared

Last edited:
Back