• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Blackwater Sight Question

MJT1970

Copper BB
Hey all new guy here. Great site and very informative. I have on lay away a 590 a1 Blackwater edition. The front sight is not canted, but looking at the sight blade it doesn't set flush with the base. When you tighten the Allen screw it pushes the blade front upward and puts pressure holding the sight in the dovetail. Is this normal? Any and all help appreciated.

Does your a1 have the lpa grs? Its hard to visualize what your saying without a visual. If yould snap a few pics im sure many of the guys here can give some input. Welcome to MO! Really great guys here who know the 590 platform inside andout.

photo.php

If you right click on this it will say open in new tab and will take you to the image.Any and all help appreciated.

As a note I have sent an email to Mossberg and haven't heard back from them yet. I'm sure this can't be normal but the way it's designed idk.

That's what I thought. The screw puts upward pressure on it and it should push it back. I tried pushing down and tightening without success. Any particular person in cs should I contact?

Back