• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bolt Action Rifles

Re: Traded a couple SKS's

Thanks guys.

Real happy with the accuracy I'm finally getting with 7.62x39mm ammo. It's a great round and knowing I wanted to get rid of the SKS's I still wanted something that would shoot 7.62x39mm ammo besides a mini 30. This little carbine fits the bill perfectly and is fun to shoot. Between this and the 1894 44 mag I had alot of fun today. Sometimes getting back to basics is just fun, as compared to the AR's and other Semi variants..

Re: New Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC©-SD

Dang thats a good lookin gun! I really REALLY want a rifle.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Then comes the Class III application, tax stamp, and the 6-8 month wait for the suppressor. I'll be shopping for a brake in the meantime.

Stay tuned for updates...

Lazy,

Why such a long wait for the can? Around here, I think the longest I've waited was maybe 4.

It's due to the timing with tax season and the increased volume of applicants. I started the process on my last can around this time last year and it took around eight months. I still haven't kicked this one off yet 'cause I'm waiting on my LGS to get the titanium can I want. I'm hoping the delay will give some time for the TBI to process enough applications that mine won't take so long.

Gotcha. There are a couple Class III dealers in my area that keep a good selection in stock. ;)

There are a couple other places in the area, but I stay pretty loyal to one shop. It's a small family owned spot that has always taken care of me and I'd rather give them my business. The larger shops around here tend to be full of employees that either assume you're an idiot when you walk through the door or the next generation armchair operators wearing drop-leg rigs around the shop all day. To me it's worth the wait to support the good guys...

Very Nice LAZY!!!!

Reminds me of a Savage Model 10 I bought a few months ago and still haven't shot!!! :geek:

That is a beauty you put together there..

SHOOTER13's MARLIN Model 80...

This is a picture of my Marlin Model 80 DL magazine fed bolt action rifle chambered for .22short, long, and long rifle.

MARLINM80small.jpg

She was produced by Marlin right after WWII ( 1946-1968 ) and does not have a serial number because by US law at the time ( pre-1968 Gun Control Act ) it was not required to be stamped on the firearm. I purchased this firearm at a flea market while waiting for the Valley Gun and Country Club in Elysburg, PA to open one Sunday morning. As I walked around I noticed a gun rack hung on the side of a shed that housed the market that held a few BB and air guns. As I approached it I saw the bottom rung of the rack had what seemed to be a real rifle on it, so I picked it up, cleared the action and asked the owner how much. To my delight, she said $100...to which I countered $80 as I pulled that much from my wallet. SOLD !! was the reply...she's a real tack driver with just the iron sights.

SHOOTER13's Remington 700BDL...

Pictured below is my Remington Model 700BDL chambered in 7mm Rem Mag with a 24" barrel.

REMINGTON7mmremmagsmall.jpg

The 700BDL is a manually-operated bolt action with 2 forward dual-opposed lugs and a rear safety lug formed by the bolt handle lug sitting in a receiver recess. The bolt face is recessed, fully enclosing the base of the cartridge, and the extractor is a C-clip sitting within the bolt face. The ejector is a plunger on the bolt face actuated by a coil spring. The bolt is of 3-piece construction, brazed together (head, body and bolt handle). The receiver is milled from round cross-section steel. Depending on caliber, the internal magazine holds either 3, 4, or 5 cartridges and has a flush floor plate for quick unloading. The rifle can also be ordered with a detachable box magazine.

Great lookin Mosin akgunnut!

I finally found an M44 a week or so ago. I completely stripped and refinished it. It's in pieces right now waiting on the laquer to dry.

Some really nice bolt guns here. This is the one I had at the range today. It is a Savage 10 with detach magazine, Aetec 2.5-10x optic, camo in .243 Win. I need to repaint and paint the caps--summer project.
IMG_20110515_123606-1.jpg

New Ruger GSR..

I picked up my GSR last week and so far I love this rifle. I haven't added any optics to it yet and the Irons where dead on right out of the box. It's small yet powerful and has a great feel to it and the price wasn't as bad as I expected it to be.

Re: New Ruger GSR..

Another nice addition to your ever growing collection! What caliber is it in?

DHonovich said:
Another nice addition to your ever growing collection! What caliber is it in?

She's in 308.

I've actually sold a few, bought a few and in the end have reduced my overall number of rifles. I sold my Rock River LSR, Si556 and few others and have also picked up a Romanian PSL which I should start another thread for because she is an awesome rifle..

Thanks, Dan!!

We were all getting worried about you and thought we might be seeing you on a future episode of "Hoarders" lol. I know I was ready to go in for an intervention and take some of those firearms off your hands.

DHonovich said:
We were all getting worried about you and thought we might be seeing you on a future episode of "Hoarders" lol. I know I was ready to go in for an intervention and take some of those firearms off your hands.

:lol:

Thanks for the concern, Dan. I needed a break from all things normal for a bit just to get out of the funk I was left in when I lost my Dad back in March. The Mind and body are doing much better and life is finally getting back to normal..

Back