• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bolt action smoothness? For fast shooting.

jonge

Copper BB
Hi!
I'm about to buy a .223R for hunting and some ipsc manual action division shooting. And we dont have theese Mvps here in Sweden yet.
So I wonder how smoth the bolt action is on the MVP? I'm choosing beetween a MVP and a Tikka T3 rifle. Might the MVP work for quite fast shooting? Please give me your pros and cons on this rifle.
Best Regards!
/Jon

Welcome to the forum form NY,USA. I don't own a MVP but I'm sure one of the MPV owners will chime in soon to help answer your question.

Tikka T3 Lite bolt action is so much smoother than the MVP. I hade one on layaway awhile back but before I finish paying it off I swapped it for a CZ varmint 204. I'm regretting it now because it's so hard to chamber a round. I'm thinking the opening of the magazine is way too small to slide a round out.

Anyway, Tikka is the best bet if you are looking for smoothness of the bolt action.

I shoot T3 lite's in 300 win mag, 338 win mag. I have and shoot a big variety of bolts , Ruger, Winchester , Remington, Steyr, Carl Gustav and the Tika T3's are among the smoothest and best fitted.....a buddy of mine got an ATR Night train in 308....Tika is a step up, I haven't shot an MVP

There you go. I'd accept that advice from oli700. He will not color the truth.

I have an MVP and love it - I haven't shot a T3. MVP cycles as fast as I can make it, and it only gets smoother. I've shot in long range competitions and mechanically it keeps up with anybody - I am at any fault that I've had. The only issue I've seen is that it doesn't load single rounds well that are not in the magazine.

The higher end Tika, CZ are going to be much smoother. More expensive too. Depends what you want. I bought an MVP-although I own many more expensive rifles-this MVP w/24" barrel is just set up right to begin with as far as a varmit/target rifle goes. Want a smoother bolt? cycle it a few hundred times with out firing. Or if you want faster results put some Osso or Autosol metal polish on the bolt and cycle it maybe a hundred times with out firing. Just be sure to keep it out of the firing pin and when done-clean it all out- as in remove the barrel and reciever dip/flood reciever with solvent, brush, let dry, re-clean the barrell bore, lube bolt/trigger mechanism .Not responsible if you do this wrong and leave polish in the reciever/barrel /trigger,and mess something up by not cleaning good.

Back