• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Boston Marathon explosion

Since they turned out to be muslims and not right wing tea party types, I assumed they would be tried as citizens and not held as enemy combatants.

The Constitution can not co-exist with sharia law, nor should it. Some countries in Europe have opened the door to this and don't seem to be able to close it again. I believe that door has cracked open here too although not as bad.

One thing I haven't seen discussed (but I've been offline a lot lately) is the cell phone blackout during all this. It was announced that the blackout was implemented to keep the BGs from triggering any other explosives. But it also had another effect...it kept people from texting or sending photos outside the affected area. Yeah, there were pictures but I would venture a guess that those came out via the Internet. The next time watch to see if the Internet is taken down as well as the cell phone circuits, especially with videos of actual tactics being displayed all over the news.

Just another of my 2 cents...

If my sreenname read socialyliberalaksavanaman... this is what I'd say:

Come on now guys, we can't blame these brothers! They just came to America to make use of our free foreign tuition, and because of the color of their skin and their religion, they were oppressed by their peers, shunned into exhile and beaten mentally because they were different. We need to blame ourselves for not being there for them and leading them away from those evil temptations of terrorist cells, we should have show them the right way. We really need to blame ourselves for those deaths in Boston

It won't end, nor will it ever change. We live in world where no one is responsible for their actions anymore, and those that do take responsibility are ridiculed.

Archer, you bring up a great point! Now if you were to go and poll the residents of Boston, how many do you think would agree with those actions and say :"sure take over the cell towers... internet... and while your at it, just start recording all phone converstions... whatever it takes to get the bad guy". The majority of people didn't have a problem with the way Gov't agancies responded, most likely even thinking "finally my tax dollars at work". Sheep in a heard being conditioned to oblidge the master, for their eventual march off the cliff. I wouldn't be surprised to see more responses like this one in the future.

aksavanaman said:
If I were on the left sides this is what I'd say:

socialliberalsavanaman" said:
Come one now guys, we can't blame these brothers! They just came to America to make use of our free foreign tuition, and because of the color of their skin and their religion, they were oppressed by their peers, shunned into exhile and beaten mentally because they were different. We need to blame ourselves for not being there for them and leading them away from those evil temptations of terrorist cells, we should have show them the right way. We really need to blame ourselves for those deaths in Boston

It won't end, nor will it ever change. We live in world where no one is responsible for their actions anymore, and those that do take responsibility are ridiculed.

Well maybe I'm the odd man out, but I've always taken responsibility for what I do and for those under my command. That includes praise as well as punishment.

PS: An article (from the left) by a Ms O'Brien, that laments the "excessive force" used in the capture/containment of the bombers. http://ruthobrien.org/a-day-of-terror/

My opinion is that we are at war with Muslim philosophy and have been for centuries, whether the left likes it or not. She needs to understand what the world is, and not what she wishes it was.

This is what war is about: http://s79.photobucket.com/user/43gm94l ... t=4&page=1
pg36.jpg

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." G. Patton.

and how is that a benefit to him ?....our government is likely to treat a foreign enemy combatant better than an American criminal these days

Maybe not beneficial but it is going to hurt the already dead morale in this country. What isn't "Enemy Combatant" about this kid?? :|

It's all political bullsh!t...

In the United States the phrase "enemy combatant" was used after the September 11 attacks by the George W. Bush administration to include an alleged member of al Qaeda or the Taliban being held in detention by the U.S. government as part of the war on terror. In this sense, "enemy combatant" actually refers to persons the United States regards as unlawful combatants, a category of persons who do not qualify for prisoner-of-war status under the Geneva Conventions. Thus, the term "enemy combatant" has to be read in context to determine whether it means any combatant belonging to an enemy state, whether lawful or unlawful, or if it means an alleged member of al Qaeda or of the Taliban being detained as an unlawful combatant by the United States.

...and then...

In the United States on March 13, 2009, the Obama administration announced its abandonment of the Bush administration's use of the term "enemy combatant".

huh... fancy that. Thank you for sharing that information, LES!

EDIT:

AOL News AP said:
The accused bomber faces charges of use of a weapon of mass destruction and malicious destruction of property resulting in a death. If convicted of the federal charges, Tsarnaev could face the death penalty.

What Obama says:
In the United States on March 13, 2009, the Obama administration announced its abandonment of the Bush administration's use of the term "enemy combatant".

And what he does are usually two different things. Instead of just terrorists, he can hold U.S. civilians under the same terms as the Bush era enemy combatant:
The NDAA (National Defense Authorization Act), an otherwise mundane annual bill that lays out the use of funds for the Department of Defense, has come under attack during the Obama administration for the introduction of a provision last year that allows the military to detain United States citizens indefinitely without charge or trial for mere suspicions of ties to terrorism. Under the 2012 NDAA’s Sec. 1021, Pres. Obama agreed to give the military the power to arrest and hold Americans without the writ of habeas corpus, although he promised with that year’s signing statement that his administration would not abuse that privilege.

Cut off his head, put it on a poll and plant it in the grass by the finish line to the Boston Marathon. Winner of the 2014 marathon gets to shotgun a beer from his bleached skull...... Cheap and an effective message....

oli700 said:
Cut off his head, put it on a poll and plant it in the grass by the finish line to the Boston Marathon. Winner of the 2014 marathon gets to shotgun a beer from his bleached skull...... Cheap and an effective message....

:lol: As much as I agree with your statement, we are going to need to find some new participants for the marathon! I don't think many of the people who typically run in these don't shotgun beer from bleach terrorist skulls ;)

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
^ Clearly you haven't been to the South...

I haven't been back home (North Carolina) for years and that is still like Middle of the country haha My Fiance won't accept my offer of Children if we move to Tenn., Kentucky or Texas :lol: :lol:

Well, back home in Texas we would shotgun beer from bleached terrorist skulls before the race...

And here, we'd shotgun a beer from a terrorist skull just for the hell of it.

add enough alcohol, it'll kill the germs ;)

That's my motto anyway.

Back