• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bought a parted out 835 today. Building for HD ..

Norman1

Copper BB
Well, I found a 12 guage 835 ulti-mag today at a local gun expo near me, not a lot of vendors, but ended up with an older 835 with NO barrel, No mag tube , and nice looking plastic furniture. The complete fore end was on there and it measured at 6 3/4 and actioned very smooth, the trigger assembly was all there and cycled as it should....And @ $40.00 , I just couldn't pass on it .

My next step is going to be making this gem into a Home Defense and / or tactical go to gun. I have a M500 mag tube 6 shot somewhere here that I believe will fit. But I am going to have to order a barrel, maybe a #90018 , 18.5" with the breacher on it. I also have a pistol grip I might put on it....the only thing that sucks is I wont be able to use the 3-1/2" mags through that barrel, oh well. For about another $150 dollars I will have another complete gun.

Does anyone know off hand if the new barrels come with the takedown screw for the M500 mag tube? That is about the only thing I am missing besides the barrel and the mag tube spring.

With most 500 barrels the takedown screw is held captive to the barrel underlug by a "star" shaped washer.

Welcome Aboard, Norman! :)

Thank you, glad to be here....yeah, I understand what holds the barrel to the tube, I was just wondering if when you order a new barrel from O.F. Mossberg, does the captive screw and lock washer/star washer come with the new barrel. I ordered the breacher barrel for it , item #90018 along with the mag spring, just hoping the captive screw and washer come with the new barrel , it is shown as it comes with it on their website, but who knows?

With most 500 barrels the takedown screw is held captive to the barrel underlug by a "star" shaped washer.

Welcome Aboard, Norman! :)
I am also in the process of looking for a tactical style fore end slide for the 835 too, the slide measures 6-1/2...6-3/4 roughly, so its the shorter slide , jjst wondering if anyone has a good review of some of these particular ones.

Back