• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Box Label Decipher

oldzy

What do ML, PG, AC, etc. with the Y or N below it mean?

DSC02712.JPG

590.jpg

Y & N = YES & NO

PG = Pistol Grip

AC = Accu-choke

ML = I have no damn clue lol

SL = ***

SW = ***

DT = ***

I don't know all of the available options off the top of my head for a 590 but that should give you a general Idea of what they abbreviations are for.

Each set of initials refers to a specific feature, PG for example is "pistol grip" and the Y or N is yes or no.

Incedentally, the PG is the only one I know. I could only guess what the others mean.

Itsricmo posted while I was typing, beat me to it! :lol:

Itsricmo said:
Challenge Accepted! I will be trying to figure out what the other 4 mean >:)

ok ric,,,heres a few labels to help decipher your search. :)

maybe you can figure out moosbergs code.

Attachments

• Mossberg_590_50668_label.jpg
    Mossberg_590_50668_label.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 306
  • 590.JPG
    590.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 306
  • 715T_Box.jpg
    715T_Box.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 306
Got a response re the box label codes. They mentioned they were there to assist production staff, but no further info was given. They also stated that the DOB on my particular #50686 was 7/97, and that the #50686 was still in production today (although mine is the only one I have ever seen - the box label at least).

they are around,this was from last years shot show.

Attachments

• MossbergSBS1.jpg
    MossbergSBS1.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 258
don't know what to tell you. its for law enforcement and military in the USA.

im curious,what do you have to do to get a 14" barrel shotgun in canada? as far as tax and permits.

There are no taxes, fees, etc. for SBS's - none of that.

Aside from the fact that the US won't export shotgun barrels less than 18" here anymore... it is a bit more lax here than south of us. Pretty much the only thing that is more 'lax'.

There are no restrictions on barrel length... assuming the OAL is 26"... AND it is a pump-action... AND a factory 14" bbl/gun. They are classed as non-restricted' in that case. Semi-auto's are too scary and menacing, so any semi-auto shotgun with a bbl less than 18" is classed as 'restricted'. Restricted firearms (handguns, AR's and variants are other examples) can only be fired at approved ranges.

With our non-restricted LGR (Long Gun Registry) abolished last year, those particular classed firearms are 'out of the system' so to speak (the database was hacked several times apparently though, so old records are likely floating around somewhere). No need to register them like we had to before. We still have our firearms license (PAL or POL) however. To purchase a non-restricted shotgun for example... we walk into the store, show our license (PAL - Possession Acquisition License)... and out the door. The store may call the firearms office to confirm a license is valid. No background checks for each purchase, as that is the purpose of the license. There is also to be no record of purchase with names. However, the Lieberals (the Chief Firearms Officer in Ontario in particular) seems to want to disregard federal law by creating a 'back-door non-restricted registry' by requiring stores to keep logs in their 'green books' with name, address, type of non-restricted gun purchased, etc. I don't think that nonsense is gone yet, and any store still doing that... I would not do business with.

I paid just under $800 total for that #50686 above, and that was back in 2002. So aside from all the above, higher prices are the norm... especially similar stuff from the US, as they are no longer exported. On the other hand, there are always SBS's from Benelli, Norinco, etc. that don't have to go through that ITAR nonsense.

I have not been able to turn anything up in my searches and I essentially got the same reply from OF Mossberg... As for the 14" I am pretty jealous! I didn't notice the "CLASS III WEAPON" on the sticker of the original post at first!!

oldzy said:
And why blur out the label on the stock? Seems odd.

Cuz the pic is from CTD. They are not affiliated with Mossberg so they cannot show the name. Legal purposes. :roll:

Just like when TV stations blur out name brands...they don't want to give em "free advertising".

Back