Butt stock for 510 mini

Discussion in 'Mossberg 510 Mini' started by Guitarmanrlk, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Guitarmanrlk

Guitarmanrlk Copper BB

I want to replace the butt stock on my mini 510 with a regular adult size one. What kind of butt stock will fit it, and where may I purchase one? Also is it something that someone that is brand new to guns could replace, or will it require a gunsmith? Thanks for any info.
  2. old mossy

old mossy Terrapene Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

what gauge 510 do you have? 12 and 20ga you can use any 500 butt stock for 12 or 20ga.
    all you need is a phillips screwdriver to remove rubber recoil pad and a long regular one to remove stock bolt.
    good place to get one,,,,
    http://www.midwayusa.com/
  3. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

If the 510 is a .410 gauge you can put a bantam size stock on it..
    I was going to put a Blackhawk recoil reducing stock on mine (my wifes) but she likes the one it came with. It will fit with a little bit of dremeling to it.

Also...if you bought it new in the box, it should have came with a 50% off coupon from Mossberg for a bantam sized stock. You could call them and ask for it.
  4. Guitarmanrlk

Guitarmanrlk Copper BB

Ordered the Hogue Mossberg 500 replacement kit with the forend. I have the 20 gauge model. Does the forend fit also?
  5. old mossy

old mossy Terrapene Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

6. eduardo

eduardo Copper BB

:D In reply to question about full size stock replacement for the model 510, you can order
    one from Mossberg. The description is as follows:

Item # 14672 Description: STOCK ASM 20GA SYN Unit Price: $35.00 + shpg.

I ordered one and it took five weeks to get it. I ordered thru the Mossberg website and they
    told me it would take about six weeks.

Here is the address it was shipped from: Maverick Arms, Inc.
    Product Service Center
    1001 Industrial Blvd.
    Eagle Pass, TX 78853
    FAX (830) 773-5893 PHONE: (800)363-3555

You might call and see if you can order direct from them.

If you can't, then call Mossberg Arms at 203-230-5300. (you may be on hold for awhile)

Hope this will be of help to those with the above subject.

PS: Put mine on today (3/31/13) and am really pleased with the difference in length and feel.
    By the way, it will come with a new bolt and washers ( same as original ) I could only use the flat washer w/o the lock washer, but it tightened down real good.

LOP on new one is 14 inches.