• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Cache Your Ammo

True. But for less money you can buy full size ammo cans, an they can be sealed up just as well.

@mingaa I'm not sure what the price is at the link above, but I think I paid about $65 for 2 cans AND shipping from where I got mine (Colemans Military Surplus), but I just checked and they're out of stock there. EBay has some too, but you'd just have to shop around for the best price you can find with the shipping in mind.

Still, even with $30 shipping, the 120mm cans are better than a Pelican hard case and at a fraction of their price ;)

I have 4 of the 120mm cans in total. One that I keep my lightweight (coyote--pack) AR in because it has a NV scope mounted and I keep it in there mostly to protect the sensitive optics from light and physical damage. I have the upper and lower both wrapped with a scrap piece of closed cell foam http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-2000012206-Rest-Easy-Camp-Pad/35395677 and it's probably about as bomb proof as it can get.

The others are sitting at the ready, but I have tested for fit and I can get 2 folding AK's in one can, plus mags and ammo. You can fit a lot of stuff into one of them. So much so, you could probably get it too heavy if mobility is a concern.

Back