• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

California Ammo Law Rant

CaddmannQ

Will TIG for Food
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Today is the last day in California for cheap ammo. On Monday the new law takes effect and everyone will have to have a background check to buy ammunition. Of course you're going to pay more for ammunition in order to pay for this new background check program.

Now according to Governor Gavin Nuisance, you were supposed to have a valid federal ID to buy ammo starting tomorrow,and since they don't recognize California driver's licenses, one would need to show a Real ID.

But even though the governor claimed this, the Cal DOJ says that it is not so. Only a regular drivers license and another form of valid ID would be required.

Is a firearm safety certificate acceptable as the second ID?. . . is a hunting license?. . . No one seems to know for certain.

I spoke to my buddy who sells guns and ammo for a living and he says that nobody has come out with a clear directive on such things from the capitol, and right now nobody can follow the procedures exactly because no one knows exactly what they are.

This is the same slipshod method by which the California government instituted the assault weapons registration program. They publish a law that nobody can follow because the state doesn't design a program to follow that works.

They are lawyers, actors and politicians, and they are Law Enforcement Officers but they are not programmers and they cannot make a good program. Not once in 45 years have I seen evidence of this.

This real ID registration business is all tied to the Motor Voter bill and the desire for California government to register immigrants into the system.

They encouraged all the illegals to get a driver's license at the DMV. That makes a California driver's license worthless as a federal ID.

To make things worse they the hired the world's worst programmers to design the new DMV system. It is slower and more overloaded than ever because there are a dozen more steps to the registration process designed to get you registered to vote (among other things.)

To make sure everybody was registered you were automatically registered to vote when you went to the DMV for a license or registration.

Here's the evil catch-22:

On the registration paperwork it says in English that you will be registered to vote unless you opt out.

In Spanish it tells you everything else you need to do to get a license.

Of course it's illegal for illegals to vote but I never it never gives that advice. Consequently thousands of illegal aliens were registered to vote in the state of California.

Anyhow a DMV ID or California driver's license is now worthless for all federal purposes, and citizens must go to (guess what?) the allready terminally overloaded DMV to get a new "Real ID".

So since California became a sanctuary State, the DMV is overloaded with Mexicans and Guatemalans and other aliens trying to get a license.

You must make an appointment and there are no appointments available for at least 30 days.

Illegal aliens don't need to make an appointment. They just show up in long lines.

So now the California DMV must register Vehicles, test people, register voters, register illegal aliens, issue Federal approved IDs (only to citizens) and somehow prevent illegal aliens from being registered to vote.

By the way, the state government Justified that by saying, ..."well some of them would have been eligible to vote by the time that election day came around."

This is the kind of logic that is driving the state of California into the ground and I wouldn't be surprised if sometime in the near future that Donald Trump fake-threatened to expel the state of California from the Union and start moving Federal assets out of the state.

Not that he could or would do it you see, but the move would be so dramatic that people all across the nation would be incited.

Anyhow ammunition sales will be brisk all across the state today. I will probably go pick up some .308 myself.

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss of rights in Cali. I don't know how much of that I could take.

...Now according to Governor Gavin Nuisance, you were supposed to have a valid federal ID to buy ammo starting tomorrow,and since they don't recognize California driver's licenses, one would need to show a Real ID...

FL has Real ID required for ALL licenses. I had to send away for my Birth Certificate the time before last to renew my license. Initially Real ID was only for CDLs to keep truckers from having multiple state licenses--ie: lose one from one state but drive on one from another state... As such, it is rare an illegal will have a license here not to mention insurance, and hit-and-runs are very common. An influx of residents from a small island in the Caribbean adds to our driving woes and they DON'T have to get a FL license to drive here unless they are staying... They still need a valid license but even then, they are poorly skilled and lack common courtesy on the roads.

To make sure everybody was registered you were automatically registered to vote when you went to the DMV for a license or registration.

For shitzengiggles I "registered" to vote in Cali before the last election. I think I was "Juan Rodriguez" or something. Well, ALMOST registered... I used the Sec. of State's address in Sacramento. I would have needed an ACTUAL mailing address to get my voter ID card and some kind of very basic ID from my home country, neither of which I had so I aborted the mission. But it was almost TOO easy...

Yeah, the commies are out there screaming "count every vote!" but they will be trying to discount votes wherever they lose.

Meanwhile the huge mail-in vote coupled with legal ballot harvesting, will mean huge fraud. Last-minute registrations and provisional ballots turn every election into a nightmare.

This irrational nonsense will be plaguing the nation until they fix the voting system, but nobody knows how.

Biased social media is already skewing elections to come, by skewing the news. They claim to be neutral "platforms" that enable others, but when examined for neutrality scream "freedom of the press", as if "a platform" is constitutionally protected. They sell ads from sponsors to make money. It's not the press, reporting "news". Any news is incidental to their main business of selling ads.

Meanwhile, the invasion of your privacy is critical to efficient marketing, so expect that you've already signed those rights away somewhere by "seeing something" or "watching something" or putting some data into a box. Google wants to know how to nudge you to see and hear and believe what they need, for their purposes. You privacy stands in their way. They are the 800lb gorilla of the invasive profile data mining business.

Much of what they do will be illegal in the future.

Back