• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Camping/Hunting/Hiking Packs

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
Heres what I have set up for now, though incomplete. I still have a few things to add to my pack and if anyone else goes with me we would need more. I dont personally need much, lol!

This is my rubberized Swiss mil-surp with internal frame, adjustable leather carry straps, large main compartment with pull out gusset, and smaller outside pocket. It came with several extra leather straps for lashing other things to the pack using a handful nicely placed leather loops and metal rigging dees. I currently have my shotgun scabbard on one side, the other side is reserved for my tent.

Under the large main flap is a Condor MOLLE butt-pack. It probably wont stay there. The butt-pack has 3 outside pockets across the front which I carry a couple of small stainless steel shackles and locking carabiner, optics/range scope, headlamp, and loose .45 ammo. Each pocket has a drawstring and quick release adjustable buckle. Large main pocket with pull out gusset and quick release buckle. I have 100' of paracord in there, I'm otherwise saving that space for first aid and other specialty items I havent added yet. The top main flap uses two quick release adjustable buckles and has an internal zipper pocket in the top, and a zippered pocket on the outside top too. The inside has electrical tape and a couple different lip balms, the outside pocket has my knife sharpener in it.

The scabbard is from VooDoo Tac. I ditched the carry strap it came with and lashed it to the leather loops on the side of the pack. I use the MOLLE attachments to carry extra shells. One shell carrier is something I made and carries two 5 round boxes. Another is from VooDoo Tac and will hold 12 shells. I also have four MOLLE grenade pouches on it and can fit a 5 round box of shells in each one. I will likely pull at least one of these off for a compass, but at $1.99 each, I may just buy a couple more.

189004_1682926868092_1085205913_31463284_1288104_n.jpg

196090_1682927228101_1085205913_31463286_7862859_n.jpg

That is a very nice setup you have there. I am currently working on a hunting setup at the moment.

My day-hunt pack is an Eberlestock Mini-me in Dry Earth. I've also added one of Eberlestock's Multi-pack Accessory Pouches to carry binoculars, GPS, etc. where they're easy to reach.

Here's the Mini-me
DSCN1326.jpg

Here's my Typical Load
DSCN1325.jpg

Loaded Up
DSCN1329.jpg

For longer hunts I use an Eberlestock Terminator pack

Terminator Loaded Up
DSCN1341.jpg

Here's a pic of the Mini-me in my tree stand during a recent hog hunt.

DSCN1469.jpg

Good lookin packs Toby!

I still want a GunSlinger someday...

Rossignol said:
Good lookin packs Toby!

I still want a GunSlinger someday...

I might be up for doing a trade for a dog collar and leash in the not-too-distant future. We've been looking at pups.

Sweet!!! I can do shell cuffs, slings, collars or whatever!

Rossignol said:

How about an OWB holster for a full-size 1911? I've never seen any holsters on your site.

Mudinyeri said:
Rossignol said:

How about an OWB holster for a full-size 1911? I've never seen any holsters on your site.

Thats cuz theyre in the works! ;)

Back