• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Can I shoot Magnum Shotgun Slugs with my Maverick 88?

I'm sticking with 00 Buckshot of 2 3/4 and 36 gr, I think its enough for self defense, perhaps is not that heavy as the 50 gr of the slugs.
I imagine, its very painful.

OP is probably long gone but I still have to chime in here. I have that same firearm. Picked it up around Christmas and proceeded to run a 3" magnum rifled slug through it at the local range in early January. Long story short.... That piece of meat where my thumb meets my index finger is still sore.

Yes, I'm from Guatemala City. I don't live on a "red area" but still you don't know what to expect, this was supposed to be a very safe place.
We went on vacation recently and when we came back our house was open and a group of people took a lot of our stuff while we where out. For some reason they left my shotgun, but the took my 9mm so I was concerned about security because I have 20 years of living here and nothing like that happened before!!

If I came home to that I would definitely be on edge. Were the long guns found and not taken? If they know they are there, I'd be afraid they would come back at some point. Definitely not good.

If I came home to that I would definitely be on edge. Were the long guns found and not taken? If they know they are there, I'd be afraid they would come back at some point. Definitely not good.

They left the long ones and took my 9mm and a 38 special from my family. They left 2 .22 Magnum rifles and the 12 gauge.
Well, they took all jewlery, all TVs, all computers, etc, etc. But I find strange they left the long weapons

Back