• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Canted front sight

ARG

Copper BB
New member today. Just bought a new SA20 tactical yesterday and discovered when I got it home the front sight is canted to the right quite a bit. I should have looked it over better but the gun shop was so crowded and I was so glad to finely find one that I missed it.
While searching the internet I came across Mossberg Owners.com where I saw some posts about other Mossberg canted sights so here I am.
Thanks in advance for anything to point me in the right direction. Looks like this will be a great forum to be a member of.

Thanks,
ARG

Welcome aboard ARG!

Sorry to see you got a bad barrel. Give Mossberg Customer Service a call ASAP, they will likely have you send your SA20 in to have the barrel replaced...

(800) 363-3555

Thanks, I will give them a call in the morning. I have taken pictures to show them if necessary. I have seen on the web for some people they have sent out a replacement barrel and a shipping label to return the old barrel. Hopefully they can do that for me so I don't have to ship the entire gun and be without home protection.

Thanks again,

ARG (Alan)

I would hope so too but lately their standard SOP is shipping the whole firearm back, especially with their auto-loaders. Good luck and keep us posted...

Called today and talked to David. Asked about just getting a barrel sent then return the defective one but told I have to send in the entire gun since it was an import. He said there are presently no parts in the country to send out. May have to replace the entire gun but none available either at this time. Sounds like a long wait.
Got home and sent an email with pictures and asked for a barrel replacement only. Will see how they respond. Not getting a good feeling so will probably dump it cheap at the next gun show or trade it in on something if I don't get a positive reply from my email to Mossberg.
Will keep you posted.

Thanks,
ARG

Well David said he would email a shipping label which to date he has not. I sent an email to customer service with pictures, no answer. Sent another email, still no answer.
Sold it to a pawn shop for $300 and walked away. How pissed am I ? VERY.

Sorry to rant, appreciate your input.

ARG

Sorry to see that Sir,

Mossberg CS was not known for their quick response even before all this buying craze began. Now it seems to have gone from bad to worse. Hate to see that it resulted in you dumping the SA-20, but I can't say that I blame you...

YES, SORRY TO SAY I PURCHASED MY SA-20 ON GUN BROKER, WAITED 2 WEEKS THAN 3 WEEKS FOR MY NICS AND FRONT AND REAR SIGHT ARE NOT MOUNTED CLOSE TO THRU, OFFSET TO THE RIGHT AND CROOKED.

There's not much that will put a company out of business faster than poor service. Mossberg really needs to do something about this.

Have you contacted the seller on GB?

Seems they have a responsibility to provide a replacement or refund your money...

Back