• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Cartridge Stopper QC Issue for Pump Actions

SEAlaskan

Mossberg 500
Supporter
So I thought I would add my name to the list of Mossberg 500 users who have run into this QC issue http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum...e-stopper-qc-issue-for-pump-actions-ftf.8835/ Bought a new 500 just over a year ago and had an overly bent cartridge stop. Now a little back story. Bought this in Georgia, got involved with a big move to Oregon and found out about this issue about a year later. Replaced the stop and all works well now. So I have a question, for anyone else who has gone through this or might know. The link says: If left uncorrected you will wear down the Cartridge Stopper and the Action Slide Rod which will cause you to replace both. Does anyone know or can report any damage to a receiver from this? A stopper and slide are one thing and can be replaced. But does this do any damage to a receiver?

Somebody may chime in here, but I've spent a lot of time roaming the halls around here and I don't recall any reported damage to a receiver caused by a faulty cartridge stop. The stop mechanism itself is a relatively small part that pivots on the pin/springs and when the parts in question collide, the stop lever is the path of least resistance. The force almost always pushes the action bar behind the stop, bending it further out of spec, but in the cases I've seen there has been virtually no damage to the receiver. Maybe a scratch in the finish at most...

Thank you for the response. I noticed nothing on mine but others who have had the same QC issue may wonder like I did. Thank you!

Back