• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Case

3skulls

.270 WIN
Been looking for a good fixed blade to carry on bike trips and not having the best of luck.

Have been looking for something a little smaller and something with a nice sheath.
Nothing tactical looking and nothing that sticks out like a sore thumb.

Was over at Bass Pro Shop today and this guy caught my eye.

Its a Case Hunter #385.

agageten.jpg

Having a hard time getting a pic because the blade is a mirror finish.

Here is a pic off of their site.
qy8e9yny.jpg

Feels good in my hand. If your hands are huge, skip this one for sure.

The blade is a little thin and I'm not a huge fan of that mirror finish.
Its one of the only ones I could find locally that fits a few needs that I was looking for.

Has anyone worked with this knife before?

Had similar Case many years ago. Good blade then, don't know about the new ones. Most of the big brand knives in the last 20 or 30 years are kitchen knife 440C stainless which is ok for rust prevention, but not so good at getting a good, long lasting edge. I have a Old Timer 150T now for the past 40 years or so. About the best hunter/skinner I've ever owned.

Schrade-Waldon150Tearly60s.jpg

Nice Gunny!
I love the look of that sheath.

I'll see how it holds up over time. Might see be on the look out for a better fit for me.

Thanks for sharing. Good looking blade Sir.

Nice Gunny!
I love the look of that sheath.

I'll see how it holds up over time. Might see be on the look out for a better fit for me.

Thanks for sharing. Good looking blade Sir.

I like a good smooth leather sheath for a reason most folks don't think about. Rub in some fine grit honing paste (like you'd use for valve grinding/polishing on engine valves) on the back side and it makes a great honing surface for getting a razor sharp edge you can dry shave with. Tends to mess up your jeans a little but who cares about that? :);)

Back