• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Chamber Loaded or Not?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some feedback on whether to keep my SA-20 with the chamber loaded. I do keep it in a locked cabinet, with the safety on, as I do all my guns. Just wanted to see if people feel it's generally safe to keep it stored this way.
Thanks,
Pete

My defensive guns are loaded in magazine and chamber. A second lost making the gun hot could mean the difference between my life or theirs. All the guns I use for defense have had many hundreds if not thousands of rounds run through them so I know they are functionally reliable with the ammo I choose to use.

One of my best friends refuses to carry with a round chambered, even with his EDC. We have debated this for many hours but that is how he is comfortable carrying. I've shot IDPA etc, with him and know he is not lacking in shooting proficiency.

Ultimately you have to find your own level of comfort with your equipment and your skills.

Thanks for the quick reply, guys. I agree- the last thing you want is more time taken when seconds count. I keep my EDC chambered, too.

Back