• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Cheddite Pallettoni 00 buckshot

Tom396

.30-06
I'm a big fan of really cheap stuff. That's why I decided to try some of this. Got it from ableammo.com for .42 a round. Bought a hundred rounds ($42). Tough to find buckshot that cheap.

CHED9BK.jpg

Pros: It's cheap. It goes bang when you pull the trigger. It hits pretty hard, going by the marks it made on the 1/4" steel I shot it at. The box it's packed in is nice to look at.

Cons: It's extremely dirty. After only 10 rounds, I was doing more cleaning than I needed to with over 50 rounds of everything else I've shot. The pattern seems to spread kind of quickly. At 10 yards, it was out to 7 1/2". At 15 yards, it was out to 12".

I guess you pays your money and you makes your choice. I suspect I'll pay more for ammunition I'll actually shoot, next time. Not a bad deal if you are looking to just hoard some. Take care. Tom Worthington.

Hmmm - sounds kind of like an Italian dessert, with cheese - the box IS pretty, I agree!! 10 yds. 7.5" is a long HD shot and I'd call it a world of hurt and good for the job. What choke were you using?? The price IS right for sure!

Interesting. I have not seen that. I'm sure it's deadly medicine within fifty feet as long as it hits 1300-fps or so. Thanks for posting the info!

That ain't bad man, and to have on hand for shootin... id call it good!

I agree with NiteSite, and still lethal at HD ranges for sure!

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/cheddit ... 32969.html

CHEDDITE ITALY SHOT SHELLS - Pelletonni Buckshot

Cheddite Shotgun shells are an Able Ammo EXCLUSIVE. This premium Italian made ammunition is only available in the United States through Able Ammo.

Cheddite has put its name to a complete line of cartridges that have been adapted for the discipline and that have been carefully designed down to the smallest detail to obtain consistency and to maximize ballistic performance. In particular, Cheddite has reconciled cartridge aesthetics with optimum performance by matching particular leads with different Antimony contents to different coloured shells. After years of research Cheddite has reached a level of excellence in ballistic performance by focusing its attention on a careful selection of powders that perform consistently in all climatic conditions; a special system that allows the maximization of the number of lead shots for every load without varying the number between one cartridge and another; and on dose tuning in order to maximize speed and minimize recoil.

SPECIFICATIONS:
Mfg Item Num: T3DRAGO00
Category: AMMO SHOTSHELLS
Gauge: 12
Type: Lead
Length: 2.75"
Pellets: 9
Shot Size: #00 Buck
Muzzle Velocity: 1200 fps
Rounds per box: 10 Rounds Per Box, 20 Boxes Per Case
Application: Hunting

Take care. Tom Worthington.

Tom396 said:
http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/cheddite-pallettoni-buckshot-loads-t3drago00-gauge-pellets-1200-buck-rdbox-p-132969.html

CHEDDITE ITALY SHOT SHELLS - Pelletonni Buckshot

SPECIFICATIONS:
Mfg Item Num: T3DRAGO00
Category: AMMO SHOTSHELLS
Gauge: 12
Type: Lead
Length: 2.75"
Pellets: 9
Shot Size: #00 Buck
Muzzle Velocity: 1200 fps
Take care. Tom Worthington.

I think I'm pretty okay with 1200-fps for short range home defense. And for general practice and fun and training it's plenty fast enough.

Looks good!

nitesite said:
I think I'm pretty okay with 1200-fps for short range home defense. And for general practice and fun and training it's plenty fast enough.

Looks good!

I don't know. It isn't like I'm gonna throw the stuff away, but I'm sure not looking forward to all the extra cleaning I'm gonna be doing. Take care. Tom Worthington.

Tom396 said:
nitesite said:

Looks good!

I don't know. It isn't like I'm gonna throw the stuff away, but I'm sure not looking forward to all the extra cleaning I'm gonna be doing. Take care. Tom Worthington.

great price.TY. about the extra cleaning,,,cheaper shells make more residue ?

The foreign shells like Cheddite, Rio and Centurion seem to be generally dirtier in my experience. They happen to be cheaper and if it is dirtier no biggie, little longer to clean.

i dont mind a little extra cleaning,and i like the price. at HD range from what i read it really dosent matter. TY and TY tom for the post.

Back