• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Color Filled

Just managed to source some lacquer stik in the UK. They only had red in stock so I'm going to have to wait to get white. How easy is this stuff to use? I was thinking of doing my 9mm AR15

I like 9mm carbines.

Sorry that I cant' help with the paint stick though.

I handled an UZI for the first time a couple weeks ago, wow that's cool. I am still surprised how heavy it was. I mean I didn't think it was heavy but it looks so light I wasn't expecting it to feel so solid.

not that that's related to anything but 9mm LOL

I hear good things about the sticks , there is a technique to it but I haven't done it myself

One of my good friends had one of the original model A uzi's that was imported in the 70's.

Awesome carbine.

Tried a test colour fill tonight. Just a 870 happy cap for a friend. Used Isopropyl Alcohol to de grease and clean after the fill. I used Lacquer stik yellow. Should set overnight but this is the result. The picture doesn't really do it justice the colour really pops its bright yellow

407026995.jpg

Before and after

407027347.jpg

All the best

Chris

Ok finally got some spare time so did the first part of my 9mm AR15 colour fill, Still got to do final touch up and clean after 24 to 48 hours but this is it so far

407090539.jpg

407090552.jpg

407090558.jpg

407090561.jpg

407090566.jpg

407090576.jpg

That's definitely different from most other AR I have ever seen.

And what is up with that selector? That's normally where the auto position is.

Just moved it to the middle to let the lacquer dry without it touching. Weird laws in the UK on AR15's that are not in .22lr . This is the mech on the UK legal ones

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsDqE9j3bzI[/youtube]

Interesting. I always assumed they used paint for the color markings. I didn't know some of you guys used crayon. Good stuff to remember.

jgwills said:
Interesting. I always assumed they used paint for the color markings. I didn't know some of you guys used crayon. Good stuff to remember.

Crayon is ok but will ware off. Best is lacquer stiks by Markal. In the US its made by LAC CO in Chicago. I think Brownelles in the US stock it. Works like a crayon but sets after 24 to 48 hrs permanent.

This is the stuff. Comes in White, Black, Green, Yellow, Blue, Red, Gold and Silver

407030162.jpg

chrismetallica1 said:
Weird laws in the UK on AR15's that are not in .22lr . This is the mech on the UK legal ones

That is really messed up. I had no idea that you had to chamber each new round using the selector lever with your thumb as a bolt release.

Crayons, firearm specific crayons, thanks chrismetallica1, and thumb lever action actioned ar lowers. You guys are amazing sometimes with the neat information you provide. Always fun to learn from one another.

I suppose they should be lucky in the UK to even have that available to them. I'm so glad here in the states its not that bad just yet but I'm sure the clowns in DC will get there if given the chance. :(

chrismetallica1 said:
jgwills said:

Crayon is ok but will ware off. Best is lacquer stiks by Markal. In the US its made by LAC CO in Chicago. I think Brownelles in the US stock it. Works like a crayon but sets after 24 to 48 hrs permanent.

This is the stuff. Comes in White, Black, Green, Yellow, Blue, Red, Gold and Silver

407030162.jpg

Thanks for the color stick options... Gonna order some of these to do other projects. :cool:

Back