• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Complete Bolt Assembly

Zachary

Where can i buy the original chrome bolt assembly online? besides Ebay, all i can find on there is black ones

Yes, the bolt assemblies should be interchangeable.

The trigger groups are the only parts that are not due to the placement and function of the safeties...

I ordered a Mossberg 500 bolt assembly with slide and installed it. Took it out after a few shots started missing, waited awhile and the shell had a punch hole to it but didn't go off, plus with it the gun feels hard to pump. Related?

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

Out of 20 shells 7 didn't work just a click, wait, reload it and it would fire.. bolt issue?

Weak primer strikes could be caused by a couple things.

First, I'd disassemble the bolt to inspect and clean the firing pin, channel, and spring. There could simply be a lot of factory grease and grime keeping it from functioning properly. If that doesn't fix the problem there could be some fitment issues keeping the bolt from fully seating in the chamber, leaving a slight gap that could produce the light strikes. Try applying forward pressure on the forend as you fire. If this reduces the frequency of light strikes or eliminates the issue, then your new bolt may just need a little fitting...

It just feels rough racking it with the new bolt, threw the old bolt in and racks smoother.. I only replaced it due to the scratches on my old one and this new one just makes it feel rough to slide

Check the trigger assembly. Could be the hammer spring also if you are still getting FTF.

I'm going to try both bolts today with some bird shot I'm pretty sure it's a defective bolt since before swapping I had no issues

I'm going to try both bolts today with some bird shot I'm pretty sure it's a defective bolt since before swapping I had no issues

Maybe I miss read it,but you mentioned you had 7 out of 20 FTF after you changed the bolt.:confused:

yeah the new bolt and slide and now missing shots, i'm just going to send it back it just doesn't feel right when installed in the first place (hard to rack)

Back