• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Converse Stealth Mil-Spec boots

JJC

I purchased a pair of Converse Stealth boots for work. I perform quality control for a company with Sand & Gravel, Asphalt, and Paving outfits. I work mostly in the lab, occasionally run checks in the field, and obtain samples at the plants. I spend most of my work day on my feet in the lab or field and little time at my desk in my office. I've been wearing some cheap leather boots with steel toes for the past 15 months and lately they have been tearing my feet up pretty bad. I retired them and ordered the Converse boots from MilitaryBoots.com for 88.99 w/ free shipping.

Description:
•6" Composite Toe Side Zip Boots
•Smooth Leather and Cordura Upper
•Tailex Lining
•Removable F2 Dual Density Polyurethane Cushion Insert with TPU Heel Stabilizer and Shock Eliminator Heel Cushion
•Dual Density Outsole
•Mountain Trail Rubber Bottom and EVA Cushion Midsole
•100% Non-Metallic
•Meets ASTM F2413-05 Standard
•Electrical Hazard Safe

I bought the 6" tall version in Desert. I chose desert because I figured I get them more muddy and dusty in the field than I get asphalt on them. I typically try to keep them clean because I meet with clients and customers often, but it's a difficult thing to do in this industry.

thumb2.php

So far I'm very pleased with these boots, though it has only been a few days. They are very light and comfortable and my feet are thanking me already. The side zipper is a nice touch for easy on-off. I'm thinking these will be my go-to boots for work, hiking, camping, and shooting. If I have anything bad to say in the future I'll be sure to update this thread. So far, highly recommended.

Nice! I'm wanting to get some of these but taller if available.

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing your review. I am looking to purchase a pair in the near future.

They look great.
I got hooked on side zip boots with my first pair of 511 boots.
The price looks real good!

Rossignol said:
Nice! I'm wanting to get some of these but taller if available.

Thanks!

They have 8" and 9" versions available as well.

It took Militaryboots.com about 4 days to process and ship my order, and another 3 to my door. But hey, shipping was free so no complaints.

Not a bad turn around at all! I've been checking out the site, and it looks like the 8" is pretty standard.

Saw some other things on there I really like too!

Just an update...

Boots are holding up great! Even more comfortable now that they're properly broken in.

Back