• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Converting Mossberg 500 persuader to a Flex?

Rockzilla

Copper BB
First things first, I am new to the site etc... so I apologize if this specific topic has been discussed over and over. However, a year ago I bought a Mossberg 500 persuader. Now, a year later, I was given a Mossberg 500 Flex Tactical Tri-rail as a gift. Though I have been around guns since I was a kid, I have never actually owned one until a year ago. So, because of my ignorance, I removed, successfully, the stock Mossberg forend and then, foolishly attached the Mossberg Flex Tactical Tri-rail. Of course, once I did this, I realized that something was wrong. It was very loose etc...

So, I simply want to know if there is a Mossberg Flex conversion kit, adapter or what I can do, as an owner of a Mossberg 500 Persuader, to utilize the Mossberg Flex accessories. Or, is it simply a matter of having to buy a Mossberg Flex in order to use the Mossberg Flex accessories?

I'm fairly sure the only difference between a "Flex" and a regular 500 is the adapter for the buttstock and a different style forend tube.

Why you would want a Flex (or to convert a regular gun to the Flex system) is beyond me - you limit yourself to Mossberg's slim selection of proprietary stocks when there is a HUGE selection of better aftermarket ones available.

The gun is very easy to take apart, and requires no special tools (a socket wrench/extension or a large long flathead screwdriver) to take the buttstock off.

Removing the forend doesn't even require any separate tools, as the cartridge stop bar can be used to unscrew the forend nut.

My point being that unless you think you're going to be out hunting and suddenly stumble across a timed 3-gun tactical competition course in the woods, I don't think you'll benefit much at all from having quick-change stocks and forends.

The Flex system is IMO a solution in search of a problem. Most people will buy a gun for a purpose, instead of one for all. Once you get one setup just the way you like it, flex or not, you'll think it a pain to have to swap stuff out to do something else with it just to put it back the way it was.

I truly appreciate the replies. I am beginning to feel the same way, in regards to the "flex system".

Back