• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Current manufacturer?

mdshunter

Copper BB
Hi all. As some of you know I came into several "junk" for parts old Mossberg shotguns and 22 rifles that I decided to restore. It has been a lot of work but so far so good. I know Havlins is a great source for parts but have a question. Does anyone know if there is a current manufacturer and if so who it is for the various trigger guards? Here are my thoughts. Because there are so many of the old guns that seem to all have the trigger guards broken I want to change something. Also these same guards are interchangeable with Western field, Montgomery Ward and many other house brands. So we can either change the formula for the injection molded plastic or go to plan B. That would be to mill them on a cnc lathe out of aluminum then anodize it. I suppose it could be done out of steel and blued as well. I am looking for a quality and permanent solution for everyone. The one thing I have to find out though is who if anyone currently holds manufacturing rights to the parts. Thoughts?

Second does anyone have either an owners manual or better yet can take a picture of the underside of a model 185 DB for me? I think whoever worked on this shotgun before didn't use the right plate to cover the magazine or perhaps the wrong trigger guard, I cant tell.
Thanks

Try Numrich's They carry a lot of older parts for firearms that are no longer manufactured. I just placed and order for a bunch of Topper 88 parts and they pretty much had everything in stock. Good luck on your search and welcome to MO.com :D

Back