• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Cylinder bore (18 1/2")

Went to Academy today and picked up an ammo can ($20) and two more 25rd boxes of Spartan OO bucks. Now the can is packed full and I have to leave out a 25rd box of Federal Target Loads.

Pretty neat can, just like them army cans. Well, maybe it is. :)

EDIT: Forgot the pics:

Let's see what I got in there:

4 25rd boxes Spartan 12 ga 2.75 OO Bucks
2 15rd boxes Winchester 12 ga 2.75 OO Bucks
4 5rd boxes Federal 12 ga 2.75 #4 Bucks
2 5rd boxes Remington 12 ga 2.75 Sluggers
2 5rd boxes Remington 12 ga 3.00 OO Magnum Bucks
1 25rd box Federal 12 ga 2.75 8 shots

nice ammo can,,,,,now you need some mossberg owners decals on it. :)

Ah, a good day at Academy today. They stocked up the ammo shelves completely full and I was able to browse but would you believe it, there's no flight control ammo !!

Anyway, I scored some OOOs. Finally got my hands on some. :)

Cool. The one on this end of town had a nice restock this morning. I even scored some 9mm NATO which I was shocked to run across. Plenty of shotshells across the board too including some of that 000 over here too. Assuming all the local area stores got essentially the same stuff. Looks like you are about set to dig in should the poop ever fit the fan around here.

Sadly no flite control though......... :( Probably gonna just break down and order online and be done with it soon.

Funny I didn't get the notification of new posts as I was at Academy today. I would've look for the 9mm NATOs myself. Oh well I picked up four 5rd boxes of Win OO bucks. Now my ammo can is packed full after I took out two empty boxes of slugs (in my 88). I saw that I have two 15rd boxes of Win OO bucks already so now I have 50 rds of Win OO bucks. Duh.

By the way, I noticed they have some Win Razorback XT segmented slugs on the shelf. I got interested but they're $10 for a 5rd box. Nah, I don't need 'em that bad.

FYI, my Academy got a restock of those Spartan 00 buck shells, yours probably did too. They also had some of that Remington 15 round 00 buck value boxes, same ones I got from Wallyworld. Same price too so good chance yours has some as well. Decent buckshot for less than a dollar a pop is always good in my book these days so I snagged a few more of each today.

Also, someone told me about the Beretta M9 over at that pawn shop across the street. Not the 92 model but the M9 one, basically the civilian one thats closest in spec to the actual issue one. If he remembered the price correctly color me interested. I'll call them tommorow and if so might be in your neck of the woods real soon.

If so we should meet up possibly. I'll let you know if I do. Perhaps we can do lunch or something in that area.

Today I went to Academy looking for marine grade paint (lure paint for my pistol sights) but they don't carry it. Funny they got aisles and aisles of fishing gear and no paint?

Anyway I looked around the shotgun shells and found these. I picked up two 5rd boxes at $10 a box. They're high velocity segmented slugs. Sounds pretty wicked aren't they?

EDIT: By the way, what else would be good paint to redo the dots on the sights?

Wrenches said:
Anyway I looked around the shotgun shells and found these. I picked up two 5rd boxes at $10 a box. They're high velocity segmented slugs. Sounds pretty wicked aren't they?

Hmm. Interesting. Let us know how they perform. :)

GunnyGene said:
Wrenches said:

I guess you'll find out when the SHTF. My 88's loaded with 'em. :mrgreen:

I noticed that Winchester also have a PDX1 12 segmented slug as well and they're slightly cheaper but what I have is 1 1/8 oz while the PDX1 12 is 1 oz. Mine will do 1649 fps while the PDX1 12 do 1600 fps though both boxes say 1600 fps. Someone did a ballistic test and got this number.

Sound like this is pretty powerful stuff. It's made to put down wild boars so I guess it'll put down a drug crazed maniac too. ;)

EDIT: by the way, I think this bugger will kick like a mule. :eek:

Wrenches said:
GunnyGene said:
Wrenches said:

I guess you'll find out when the SHTF. My 88's loaded with 'em. :mrgreen:

I noticed that Winchester also have a PDX1 12 segmented slug as well and they're slightly cheaper but what I have is 1 1/8 oz while the PDX1 12 is 1 oz. Mine will do 1649 fps while the PDX1 12 do 1600 fps though both boxes say 1600 fps. Someone did a ballistic test and got this number.

Sound like this is pretty powerful stuff. It's made to put down wild boars so I guess it'll put down a drug crazed maniac too. ;)

EDIT: by the way, I think this bugger will kick like a mule. :eek:

Recoil is likely about the same as my Brenneke slugs. You will know about it. :cool: Penetration of the segments will be somewhat less than the Brenneke - around 12-14" in gel for the segmented slugs, but quite sufficient. I think I still would prefer the Brenneke for hogs tho. Less meat damage and will penetrate the heavy bone that hogs have.

I would like to hunt but I have a disability. I'm disabled because of my bad sense of balance. I can't even walk in the dark unless I have a cane. In fact I use a cane sometimes.

Back