• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Cylinder bore (plain/open) choke tubes?

Tom396

.30-06
I'd like to put cylinder bore chokes or choke tube thread protectors on a couple of my shotguns. I'm having trouble finding them. I need one for my 20 gauge Maverick 88 and two for my 12 gauge Stoeger Uplander. I can find most everything else (IC, MC, Full, etc.), but I can't find plain ol' cylinder bore. I don't want to damage the choke threads by firing the gun without a choke tube at all. Take care. Tom Worthington

No ideas, yet? I've seen TruLocks, but that is bit pricey for me. I'm just looking for something in the $20 or less range. Take care. Tom Worthington

I recall seeing cyl bore tubes for my 870 but i do not recall ever seekng then for Mossberg. Perhaps a skeet choke would be close. Have tuou checked the Carlsons site? Choketube.com i think.

Last edited:
Glad I could help Tom!

The choke tubes arrived today. Good news and bad news. First off, they look good and fit like they are supposed to. Unfortunately, they packed the wrong quantities in the box. Even though the invoice says two 12 gauge chokes and one 20 gauge choke, there were two 20 gauge chokes and one 12 gauge choke in the box. :( Spoke to Mike at Carlson's. He said to send it back and they would make it right. :) Take care. Tom Worthington

This is bizarre. My second package from Carlson's arrived today. Inside was a really nice little Carlson's plastic box, lined with foam, made for storing choke tubes. There was also a new choke tube...a 20 gauge choke tube. Again? Somebody must have simply taken the 20 gauge tube I just sent back to them (to exchange for the correct 12 gauge tube) , opened the blister pack it was in, and dropped it into this neat little box. I called Carlson's. This time, I spoke to Scott. He apologized and said he'd need to refund me some shipping, but then he said he'd just go ahead and ship the correct 12 gauge tube. Anybody need a 20 gauge/cylinder bore choke tube?

Have any of ya'll dealt with Carlson's, in the past? Is this just a fluke? I sure thought so, when the first package arrived. Now, I'm not so sure. Take care. Tom Worthington

Back