• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Dealership closings based on political preference?

Tom396

.30-06
I stole this from yellowbullet.com I would like to know if there is any truth/accuracy to it. If there is, I'd think it might actually get some attention from independent voters:

"...Amazingly, of the 789 dealerships closed by the federal government, 788 had donated money, exclusively to Republican political causes, while contributing nothing to Democratic political causes. The only "Democratic"dealership on the list was found to have donated $7,700 to Hillary's campaign, and a bit over $2,000 to John Edwards. This same dealership,reportedly, also gave $20000 to Obama's campaign...."

Read more at: http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showt ... p?t=503852

Take care. Tom Worthington

Don't know how true it is, but with the 1 dealership donating to the democrats, no one can say they all were closed due to political reasons now.

Had they opted to leave the one dealership open, then anyone in their right mind could say it was politically motivated.

After hearing the Democratic convention speakers, it was apparent that at least some of them had some strong ties to the vehicle industry and probably the reason for the bailouts to that particular industry.

While at the same time on the other side of their mouth, they were talking about getting greener and out of their tail about coal and something about children breathing toxic fumes.

Do these goobers really think that these electric/battery cars will run without coal?

What about their telephone and lights and computers and hospital equipment and every other single electric/electronic item in the entire world.

Typical politicians ignorant of how the world really is that more than half of the electricity in the world is made by coal fired power plants and without coal means shutting down life as we know it and going back to the stone age and whale blubber lamps.

Even the Industrial revolution back after the civil war and the turn of the last century was fueled by coal. The railroads that connected the East and the West, the electricity that has been made, the telegraph/telephone power, the fuel that allows us to do everything that we know today.

The pumps at the water station that supplies your water without having to prime the hand pump or pail in a well in your yard, and that supplies the power at the gas station to fill your tank.

I dare them to go 1 month without any sort of electricity and then we'll talk about it.

They must think that as long as that plug-in is in the wall, electricity will come out of it :roll:

My region being very dependent on the coal industry is already suffering and struggling worse than many others. I'm talking thousands and thousands of layoffs throughout the industry in the last 3 1/2 years throughout the region.

I think that many of the top Dems must own a lot of stocks in alternate fuel sources and trying to push them, while destroying coal as an underlying cause.

I pray that the Democrats lose in November. I don't know if the U.S. as we know it will survive 4 more years of this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNZczIgVXjg[/youtube]

Tom396, I haven't found anything to prove either way thay the dealerships were closed based on donations but I have heard that a lot of Obama donating companies have received special favors. Solyndra is probably the most infamous. I believe both sides send government contracts to donors and buddy's and while that has gone on forever in our country, it has gotten more "in your face" as of late. They don't seem to care who knows and fear no reprisal from the sheep like votors.

JohnA., I hear you too. I have argued this with people that don't like the pollution from coal and want the power plants shut down. Ok...then build nuclear plants. Can't do that. Build solar plants. Not cost effective yet. How about natural gas. Oh, you don't like fracking. How about some wind turbines off Martha's Vineyard? Oh, the rich people don't want their view disrupted. The same thing with electric cars. They have no clue where the electrictiy comes from. They seem to think it magically comes from the hole in the wall. These are the same sheeple that will say "I don't care about the farmers, I get my food at the grocery store". Frustrating to say the least. I did think of you and you MO signature when I heard BHO mention his "support" for clean coal during his speech. I don't think anyone believed him.

I'm going full on rant so for anyone who doesn't want to read it, look away now.

Yeah carbinemike you are absolutely right, and it has been the most restrictive 4 years that I have ever seen, and I've heard some of the old timers say it's the worst they've ever seen as well. Some of those old timers I'm talking about go back pre-WWII, so they've been around long enough to remember.

For one, a mine cannot LEGALLY operate without Federal oversight.

Not just fed. and state mine inspectors and taxes, and osha/msha, but the worst is the EPA.

The EPA has been against coal industry for decades, but it has really never been this bad ever.

The coal industry isn't even asking for de-regulation or a bail out, but they are needing Gov't to BUTT OUT. It's not like coal mining really needs all the oversight and reg's and red tape to operate anyway.

The Gov't is closing down entire industries and making it harder for local communities to continue to survive and provide the things that government is actually supposed to do like provide police and national guard, etc. This is not an exaggeration and is FACT.

Gov't regulation is why natural gas costs less. Not because it just magically does, but taxes and regulations are unfairly targeting coal on all fronts.

These cap and trade tax credits for pollution is a joke. And if you want to know the truth about it, Vernon Lemar was one of the main people behind that fiasco.

And a quick geography lesson, Vernon Lemar is the elected rep for Eastern Tn, which doesn't use coal and has several nuclear reactors around knoxville and Oak Ridge, and hydro by the TVA, so of course he thinks his power is better because it's what he has and the region of TN he is over stands to gain by those of us just north and east of him losing their a$$. So, I do hate to say it, but again, is mostly political.

Coal powered plants have carbon scrubbers and they are not allowed to use coal that has too high of a sulphur content (reference to Obama's clean coal comment), the majority of what is released out of those "smoke" stacks is STEAM. Not even smoke.

You touched on something I've been saying for a long time, and some day, will happen one way or another whether the coal suppy is eternally exhausted, or by regulation, but there are steps that will have to be taken before coal fired power plants are replaced.

You can't just "turn off" a power plant if there isn't some other means of producing that power.

If you don't have nuclear, or hydro or wind turbine, or solar, or whatever IN PLACE, then you are shooting yourself in the foot by over-regulating coal because all that does is turn into higher electric bills for the consumer, and for businesses, which again passes on the higher costs to their consumers, and is a trickle effect. People are going to pay for electricity before they'll pay any other single bill they have regardless of how much it costs because it is so much of a necessity now.

Like CarbineMike said, If you don't want coal fired plants, build enough alternatives to close down an entire industry and do it. But don't fool yourself to think it can be done all at once because it can't.

This President has done a great job on things that he wants. But is putting the screws to everyone else because of it.

This doesn't just apply to coal either. There are several other industries that Government regulations and oversight are destroying the infrastructure that has traditionally kept this country moving forward (sorry for the obama campaign slogan pun, it just strikes me as too ironic to pass up considering how hell bent or blind or stupid they are to not see or care that they are doing more harm than good for the majority.)

Sorry to outright call the President stupid, but that's exactly what he is if he thinks the majority of people are too stupid to not understand and see what's going on around them.

John A. said:
You can't just "turn off" a power plant if there isn't some other means of producing that power.

Good point. I have nothing against researching and developing betters ways to do things but it makes no sense to me why the gov is forcing electric companies to use technology that is untested and much more expensive than the current model. They should be working on these things concurrently and when the time is right make a transition.

I also find it a bit unsettling that the gov keeps throwing money into failing ventures, ones that even they admit are to risky for private investors to support (that should be a sign right there). How many failed solar and wind energy companies are we going to keep funding when none of them are hitting their goals. Perhaps the answer lies in the fact that many of the companies that the gov has sunk millions if not billions into are also huge campaign contributers, which begs the questions as to whether they are truely legitimate or just a elaborate money laundering scheme.

Back