• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

DIY Shotgun Chest Rig!

Misery930

.270 WIN
I've been making my own shotgun shell cards for a while now but this past weekend, I made a chest rig for them! I did most of it on Sunday, decided to change the strap setup and finished it Tuesday night. It had X straps originally and sat in the center of my chest but I wanted it on my right side so I changed the shoulder strap to a bandoleer style and it worked out exactly as I wanted it to. It weighs virtually nothing, you can put it on or take it off in seconds and doesn't get in the way of the shotgun if I rest it against my body.

The 5 rounder is garbage. It was one of my first cards so there are a lot of things wrong with it but I haven't had time to sew a new 5 rounder for the horizontal spot on my chest rig yet. I'll probably do it this weekend.

This is me wearing the chest rig. I sewed the shell carrier on my 590's stock too.

Thoughts?

Are you a lefty or is the picture backwards? Which hand do you usually reload with?

That's a good job on the chest rig.

Very nice indeed.

That's a very cool rig. I like it!

I like the Elvis style side burns....nice set up too.
What would you do differently on the 5 shell rig?

I like the Elvis style side burns....nice set up too.
What would you do differently on the 5 shell rig?

It was one of my first cards so the loops were too big and wouldn't be able to retain anything under recoil, there was no pull tab, the nylon backing wasn't as stiff as what I use now so even with the loosely sewn loops, it still warps when you load it. I like the 1 inch elastic loops better than 1 1/2" too because more of the hull is visible. It doesn't hurt retention either. Guess what though? I sewed a couple more this weekend to make up for it. I can make these in about two hours now.

Somebody get that man an MRE stat......

Real nice DIY by the way, hope it stands the test of time.

Nice.

You've hardly changed at all since you took the pic for your avatar. ;-D LOL

Back