• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Do you keep any firearms outdoors and not in the house? What is it?

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
Such as in an outbuilding, garage, shed, barn, carport, back porch, etc. I'm not counting truck guns, bug-out bags, etc.

One that stays out there except for when shooting it or cleaning it.

I keep one, a 10/22, on a porch. I live out in the country.

Where I live, there is no real concern, so I don’t need to hide them all around the property.

But where I go, things may vary.

I never worry at home, but sometimes when “on the go” I do. I take whatever makes me feel right.

Being in Canada, storage regs become an immediate legal issue. Not to mention as others have said that humidity is another concern. Southwest BC tends to be pretty humid for a good portion of the year. Storage in an unheated shed is even problematic for lawn mowers and such.

Storage regs are sticky here and are an automatic go-to for the police when they have nothing else to charge you with.

I keep a maverick 88 in my barn for emergency pest control / coyote defense. Most of the time I'll have a gun on me anyway but it never fails that any time I don't there will be something out there eating my chickens or a pack of coyotes getting to close for comfort.

I just gave it a krylon paint job for rust protection and spray it with WD-40 once in a while. Not a gun I'm overly concerned about keeping pretty anyway.

Back