• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Dogs

Sorry, couldn't help but post this when I saw the thread title.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXILzUpVx7A&feature=related[/youtube]

good news...she is finally starting to come here when i say so. woo hoo...i used a long cloths line rope. and she's getting it pretty quick. thanks again. i'll report more as i teach her more.

thanks again. you rock.

ok...the training sessions are good. she comes when i say to.(sometimes, and i need to say it with conviction though...) everything else is getting better with her. however. as soon as you turn your back or stop giving her attention, zing! she's gone. so i bought a gundog invisible fence. (on sale at cabela's! where else would i be?) so i've been training (2 1/2 weeks now) her with that now. she didn't really understand the noise it makes when she got close to it. so this week i moved up to the zap. she figured it out quick. i hate seeing her get zapped. i feel so bad! however, it needed to be done. we live right off a busy street and the speed limits set at 45, but no one obeys that...always going at least 60...so..i'd rather zap her than bury her. she pants a ot and stays right by me. man i hate the look she gives me. i wish she would just stay without it, but nooo she won't....i can't tell you guys how bad i feel when she gets zapped. just to be fair i zapped myself! i didn't like the setting the company had, so i bought a resistor at radio shack to lower the strength of the zap. much better now...

does anyone else have this set up?

RayRay said:
Sorry, couldn't help but post this when I saw the thread title.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXILzUpVx7A&feature=related[/youtube]

Bwahahaha!

Great clip. Loved that movie...

th

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/0 ... 55609.html

Hard to imagine a more close relationship between a man and his old friend......

A man was photographed cradling his aging dog in a lake so the animal would fall asleep. John Unger lulled his beloved dog to sleep in the waters of Lake Superior so the discomfort of his arthritic pain would allow him to sleep peacefully.

The photograph was taken by Unger's friend and photographer, Hannah Stonehouse-Hudson. Hudson told Huffington Post that the picture was in no way a "pose." It was a fleeting moment when she picked up the camera and snapped the precious moment between man and dog.

John Unger has had his dog, Schoep, since he was a puppy. Now 19, the canine is suffering from arthritis and it's hard for him to feel comfortable enough to sleep on his own. The bonded pair have this ritual every night and with Lake Superior waters warm during the summer, the water has been the perfect temperature for Unger and Schoep. Hudson said Unger lives for the dog and does everything he can to meet Schoep's needs.

Re: You guys who love your dog please check out this story (

The bond between a boy and his dog is a special thing.

Thanks for posting this nitesite...

I remember that being on the news.....just awesome and I would do the same thing for my boy

Dang, good story and good post. Thanks NiteSite, that's touching.

I have to go now before I turn into a man baby.

great story.

Back