• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Don't Taze Me Bro

I can understand why they are no longer available.

I remember this from a while back.
I wonder why they discontinued it?

Sent from my metacarpals to your ocular receptors

I actually was certified as an instructor on these and had the opportunity to fire several rounds back in 09. They are an awesome weapon and would work great in a corrections environment but outside of that I never saw much use for them. They also have a 20 second discharge vs. the standard 5 second discharge cycle of a traditional taser.

Anyone looking at it would not know it was a taser, while intimidating that is probably why it was discontinued.

If I am going to confront someone with a shotgun, I want the full force of a shotgun, and a taser is not going to do it. For corrections work I guess I could see it as it is still a physical weapon even after the charge has been used, but it is a bit big and bulky compared to smaller compact units.

Yeah. I talked to one of the guys that was on the development team when I was at instructor school and he was singing its praises but I really don't see it being practical for day to day applications.

The barrels and bolts shown in that link look like direct replacements that you could order to convert a standard Mossberg 500. But Mossberg also made a dedicated platform for Taser called the X12.

zynyru3e.jpg

Taser also made two different shells. One that could be fired out of any standard 12 gauge and one that was designed specifically for the X12.

FYI, courtesy of Popular Science magazine (the kind you read... ;))

Attachments

• shockgun 1.pdf
    747.7 KB · Views: 8
  • shockgun 2.pdf
    605.7 KB · Views: 6
Back