• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Drone strikes ok on citizens if they are bad guys

And all I could point out to the dear FAA is the simple fact that in the immediate aftermath of 9/11 there were regular patrols of armed and ready Air National Guard planes in the air constantly. "But.....but......but.......that's different......there were terrorists".

Take a quick look at who gets to call who a terrorist and who looks at drone strikes like some kinda screwed up video game.

Nuff said

The key word in the FAA statement is "civil" aircraft. So you can't put a hellfire on a crop duster. But police, military, and other federal or state aircraft are not 'civil' aircraft, so the FAA has no say in it. One thing I learned when I was dealing with the FAA, is that they are very good at dancing around issues like this.

Lol, yes I knew it wasn't real (duhh they wouldn't let E4s fly multi million dollar drones) :lol: ... BUT that doesn't mean that we don't have some hot-shot young (new progressive military) Lt's and Capt's fresh out of the Academy eager to bust some heads with hellfire missiles... regardless of the target!

LoL.....Just checking, man. The Onion ran a spoof story complete with photoshopped pics about drones circling the crowds at the inauguration and there was actually some mainstream media reporters that fell for it and repeated the story.

As far as the real drone pilots......This country has been training them for years. Kids have spent the last 25 years having their reactions and coordination honed to a razors edge by video games.

The past few military conflicts that the U.S. has been involved in have shown that there is a distinct detatchment from the "killing" part of combat when the enemy is simply seen as an image on a video screen versus being seen with your own eyes. Pulling the trigger doesn't actually seem like killing a real person......it feels more like a video game.......and we've spent a lot of time and money desensitizing kids to video game violence.

Truth be told, if the SHTF I would worry a lot less about battle hardened Marines, Navy SeALs or Army Rangers firing on fellow Americans than I would a bunker full of Drone pilots staring at a television screen.

Tim4k5 said:
Truth be told, if the SHTF I would worry a lot less about battle hardened Marines, Navy SeALs or Army Rangers firing on fellow Americans than I would a bunker full of Drone pilots staring at a television screen.

You said it man! And of course it wouldn't be hard to think that somone far away (as in not in the U.S) is controlling that drone, but now I just sound like a conspiracy theorist :twisted:

Coming to a town near you...America's Newest gun hobby...we need to set up a point system...

Attachments

• drone hunting.jpg
    drone hunting.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 195
Will we need a license or is it open season like on coyotes? How many a day can you take?

Investigation launched after pilot spots 'drone' near JFK airport

The Alitalia pilot spotted the unmanned craft — described as “a black drone” — hovering just 200 feet from his jet about three miles east of the airport as he made his approach from Brooklyn.

“He was very clear as to what he saw,” a source said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/05/in ... k-airport/

dammit! - it would have to be in New York in a gun free zone...

Well, here you have it...Eric Holder admitting that during a crisis he can see situations where drone use on American citizens on American soil would be permitted. At least he was honest for a change. Thanks go to Rand Paul for asking and getting the answer.

Attorney General Eric Holder can imagine a scenario in which it would be constitutional to carry out a drone strike against an American on American soil, he wrote in a letter to Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky.

“It is possible, I suppose, to imagine an extraordinary circumstance in which it would be necessary and appropriate under the Constitution and applicable laws of the United States for the President to authorize the military to use lethal force within the territory of the United States,” Holder replied in a letter yesterday to Paul’s question about whether Obama “has the power to authorize lethal force, such as a drone strike, against a U.S. citizen on U.S. soil, and without trial.”

Paul condemned the idea. “The U.S. Attorney General’s refusal to rule out the possibility of drone strikes on American citizens and on American soil is more than frightening – it is an affront the Constitutional due process rights of all Americans,” he said in a statement.

Holder noted that Paul’s question was “entirely hypothetical [and] unlikely to occur,” but cited the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks as the type of incidents that might provoke such a response.

“Were such an emergency to arise, I would examine the particular facts and circumstances before advising the President on the scope of his authority,” he concluded.

Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, an attorney and Judiciary Committee member, told The Washington Examiner last month that the drone policy so far outlined by the administration is too vague.

“That has the potential to swallow the rule,” Lee said after the drone program white paper was leaked. “If you’re going to regard somebody as presenting an imminent threat of an attack on the U.S. simply because you have concluded that they are an ‘operational leader’ or they are involved in planning an attack in one way or another, you find yourself giving way to much discretion to the government.”

Lee said that the White House should release the formal legal analysis underpinning the drone program. “We know that in some instances where the government has released its legal analysis, it gets it wrong,” he said.

OhioArcher said:
Coming to a town near you...America's Newest gun hobby...we need to set up a point system...

Time to hone some of those long range shooting skills! mhh... biggest caliber I've got is the Mosin (for now) :lol:

Edit: I guess the 590A1 is the "bigger" caliber... although I doubt I've got the range to take a drone.

I keep seeing more and more accounts of Eric Holder saying stupid stuff like "there should be circumstances where the President (NOT CONGRESS) can command lethal force of Military Strength on American Soil..." Absolutely sickening... I can only imagine what my Grandfather must be thinking...

Itsricmo said:
I keep seeing more and more accounts of Eric Holder saying stupid stuff like "there should be circumstances where the President (NOT CONGRESS) can command lethal force of Military Strength on American Soil..." Absolutely sickening... I can only imagine what my Grandfather must be thinking...

One must remember these are the same people that think Hugo Chavez was a great leader. That is the direction they are pushing us towards.

Maybe obamination wants to be the next Assad...he seems to enjoy killing his own population...

OMG! MIKE!! Did you see that Citgo had the AMERICAN FLAG at half staff in honor of that Dictator *******?!?!? I almost threw up at work!

Itsricmo said:
OMG! MIKE!! Did you see that Citgo had the AMERICAN FLAG at half staff in honor of that Dictator *******?!?!? I almost threw up at work!

I did not see that one. I think I would have had the same reaction.

I would have had to suppress the urge to a) remove the flag and not give it back (they don't deserve to fly it) or b) raised to it to full staff. That is BS!!!

Back